elcamino roll call

REDS HOT AIR

Buick Tweaker
I know a few on here have elcamino's and some even have turbo 6 motors in them

so lets get together here...

I'm working on swapping a i/c'd v6 setup in my 78 elcamino ... it is white with blue pearl in the clear and sportin a 2½" cowl hood

right now sportin fat -n- skinny superlites but plan to go to 16x8 Iroc wheels

swapping buick dash , buckets , console and adding power windows and locks ...gotta have all the options :)

so what you got

In order to buy the GN, I sold my Elco. I had an '81. It was a real wad when I bought it. So I bought a 1980 Pontiac Grand Am for a parts car and swapped everything Pontiac onto the Elco. Later I found out the Grand Am I used was a limited production car (like 1600 made with the Endura nose). It was pretty nice and folks would write down the VIN trying to figure out if it was legit when they saw it. I did the dash and everything. Also, I made up a name for it and had a local vinyl company produce me some stickers; I called it a Pontiac Tomahawk with the "T" being a little hatchet. I loved that thing but sadly it was rusting faster than I could fix it so I sold it for breakeven money. I'm better off now. :D

A '70 silver and black SS with a 454 and TH400. Non matching, restored stock body, mildly modified drivetrain.

A '73 SS with a Laguna front clip, pro street. 355, T400, nitrous, 4:10.

both cars have been sitting in storage for 10 years. :eek: gotta do something about that.

Red, My el camino sounds like the way you are going to do yours. It is white, with pearlescent blue ghost flames down the side. It has a complete GN interior, seats, visors, dash, console, even a working digital climate control. I used the complete wiring harness off my trashed GN, motor, dash, and rear half, the only changes that were made to the wiring was the rear had to be lengthened for the taillights and the factory fuel pump. I run 17" American Racing wheels on the street, and Weld Rodlights on the track. Good luck with your conversion.

Don't have an El Camino, but shopped hard for a long time fo a "choo choo" edition....never bought one :(

Good luck on your project at Quad Air :)

Its in the sig... The AC is coooold:D I have an extra 2004-R for it, I just haven't had the time to swap it in. I wanted to drive it up to Springfield MO next month for the "Dyno Challenge"

I would love to see some pics of these elcy's like that one with the 17's especially.

Originally posted by turbo87limited
It has a complete GN interior, seats, visors, dash, console, even a working digital climate control.

So how did you fit the back seat in there???:eek: :D :D :D

Originally posted by 1badTTA
So how did you fit the back seat in there???:eek: :D :D :D

I had a 81 el b4 this one and it was rusty around the back glass and I actually thought about cutting the back wall out and front of the bed and putting a back seat in there :D

with the built in floor drains (rust holes) it woulda been fine in the rain ... atleast for the front seat people ;)

I think Steve Wood has an '81 El Camino with a pretty much stock '86 GN motor/drivetrain.......

Hanly2
I would love to see some pics of these elcy's like that one with the 17's especially.
Don't know if you meant mine but heres an old pic, it does not do it justice, still looks the same but now lower.My El Camino

I've got a black 86. Choo Choo front end, cowl hood, mag wheels, 350 crate, etc...

It's for sale too!!

I thought about swapping in a turbo 6, but just bought a GN.

both cars have been sitting in storage for 10 years. gotta do something about that.

http://community.webshots.com/user/irockwithdirt

I hear that........My little bro has a 71 camino SS in storage , mine is the 71 SS conv. (pics in link above). Been 10+ years for me too. Have 90% of everything to put it back on the road too (the last 10% beein the time ;) ).

Hopefully some time soon I'll be able to drive at least one of my cars.........T-type would be on the road if I ever get my stinkin downpipe

:(

Ive got a brown/tan 81 and, until i get the rest of the money for it, a dark blue 85. Both 305/th350 posi cars. The 81 has 16" IROC rims, the 85 has 15" olds cutlass rally rims painted blue. Both are stock. The 81 is nicer and thats why im keeping it.

I drive a white 87 el camino 305 car. all stock including the rust, 93,000 on it now. Help carry my Buick parts around and gets me to work when the GN is down.
Otto

I have an 85 El Camino that I can't sell to save my life. Don't know why, car is CLEAN.

355, TH350 and a 7.5" 10 bolt with 4.10's...

Bought the Buick, never touch it. Need to get rid of it.

:D
El Camino G/N swaps make one nice and practical vehicle, I built mine 7yrs ago and I have the 16/8 IROC wheels setup for going, stopping and turning. I sometimes call it my cowboy corvette, I need paint but that’s it on this as everything is new or upgraded. You can see a few pictures at this link.( OK maybe a Kalifornia smog:rolleyes: )
http://photos.yahoo.com/phil9674@sbcglobal.net

TurboPhil

thats funny...searching the net I found the first 2 pics of your el and saved them but I had no idea it had a turbo 6 in it ..lol