You can type here any text you want

Electric Vacuum Pump

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TurboWh1

Anybody running an electric vacuum pump? What are you running and how well does it work? I've looked at several and they all say they are intended to assist with vacuum brakes. I want to pull vacuum at both valve covers. When I call the manufacturers they say their product can't do that. My racing buddies all tell me to go with a belt drive setup but I want to run the AC so that's not really an option at this point.

Nick micale just setup a car with one. Might give him a call

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

Plenty of people doing that. Ive heard of many boosted LS engines doing this using smog pumps but Im aure there are better options. Google for smog pump crancase ventalation.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Ill have to give Nick a call and look into the smog pump set up as well. Aren’t all smog pumps belt driven for the most part?

There was a thread in here I think, where the owner was using a couple wrecking yard pumps he got off a Volvo I believe. He had them mounted behind the headlight. He thought they worked good. My try a search.

Airplanes use an electric vacuum pump.

I’m not sure if those will serve the purpose.

D

Ill have to give Nick a call and look into the smog pump set up as well. Aren’t all smog pumps belt driven for the most part?
No they are electric air pumps used for emmisions purposes that people use backwards for suction

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Back