electrical problem

nickz843

just put the top end back on the motor. the battery is not getting recharged, i had the altinator and the battery check and there good. anybody got any ideas?:confused:

Did you hook up your +wire from altenator to +battery? and if so is it in good shape and making good contact on both ends?

did you have anything powder coated? I had this problem when I had my alt bracket powder coated. I dont remember exactly but it had something to do with grounding. I had to take the bracket back off the car and scrap the coating off wherever it bolted to the block.

if the big wire from the back of the alternator to the battery, then check that the alternator is grounded. hook your test light to the + battery terminal and touch the other end to the alternato case. if it doesn't light up, then the alternator isn't grounded.

u were right i just had my brackets powder coated and i had to scratch off where it touched the heads. thanks!

your bery welcome!

u were right i just had my brackets powder coated and i had to scratch off where it touched the heads. thanks!

Glad I could help! It took me about two hours going nuts with a volt meter to finally find out I had to take it all apart again and scrape off that coating..Unfortunately, Its NOT conductive! What a bitch but atleast the problem is fixed.
Good Luck! Bill