You can type here any text you want

electronic boost controller

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

chasmat2316

I need a new map sensor for my old innovative msbc-1 I understand the replacement sensor is crazy money, so maybe time to just update. What is the most user friendly unit to buy? This is a street/strip car using an external gate also has anyone had good success using the xfi to control boost? what would be needed?

I went with the Boost Leash from Hartline. Works well and is very simple to program. With that said I would also look at the eboost that is round and fits in a gauge holder. I didn't look at the differences in them but for mounting , it would be much nicer looking.

Bryan

Yes. It has its own MAP sensor so it shows boost psi and gate psi.

Bryan

Using manifold right now. Bough CO2 for it that will be installed soon. I like using a small spring so launch boost is an issue without CO2. If I put a larger spring in the wastegate it wouldn't be an issue I believe.

The eboost 2 Is a nice unit but imop it's hard to mount on a turbobuick since it's a 2 5/8 gauge. If it came in a 2 1/16 I would be all over it. The eboost street looks like a nice unit and mounting might be alittle easier

I need a new map sensor for my old innovative msbc-1 I understand the replacement sensor is crazy money, so maybe time to just update. What is the most user friendly unit to buy? This is a street/strip car using an external gate also has anyone had good success using the xfi to control boost? what would be needed?
The XFI boost control feature works and offers 3 different control strategies. If you choose closed loop analog 8 than you will need to buy a solenoid and 0-100 psi pressure transducer wired to analog Chanel 8. You can choose to use manifold pressure or use Co2 depending on your boost targets and waste gate springs. I can control boost up to 35 psi just using manifold pressure. Since it's built into the XFI it gives you some simplicity and also some options with time based boost control of in Power adder mode.
AG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm using a 6 lb spring currently. That may change

Bryan

The XFI boost control feature works and offers 3 different control strategies. If you choose closed loop analog 8 than you will need to buy a solenoid and 0-100 psi pressure transducer wired to analog Chanel 8. You can choose to use manifold pressure or use Co2 depending on your boost targets and waste gate springs. I can control boost up to 35 psi just using manifold pressure. Since it's built into the XFI it gives you some simplicity and also some options with time based boost control of in Power adder mode.
AG.
so you feel this is a better route over an external boost controller?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never used an external boost control to make a comparison but it is definitely more cost effective.
AG.

Back