Electronic Spark Control Module (ESC) Help!

It is actually the opposite, BLO is the 4-pole filter while the cost reduced HKP is a 2-pole filter.

RemoveBeforeFlight
gotcha makes sense 4 pole more sensitive ....thank you for reply ...really appreciate that ..and the HKD would that be for an 84/85 3.8 fuel injected ?..

In a related issue, I have a, what I believe to be, functioning ESC. However, the wires going into the harness connector that plug into the ESC are bent, fatigued, and the insulation is deteriorating. Which of course only leads to corrosion and future issues. Does anyone know the part # of the GM metripack female connectors that seat into this connector are?That the male pin ends of the ESC integrate into? I already had to do this with the CCCI connector and it was a stroke of luck I found those so easy. NAPA has a pretty good selection on hand, but I need a part # to bring them.

Thanks for the replies, gentleman. I think I am gonna just order both the tail and some ends. Can never have too much of that stuff around.

Rereading this old thread made me wonder...has anyone found a good replacement for the ESC module (BLO) or (HKP)? Without having to upgrade the ignition system, just looking for an ESC module.

Rereading this old thread made me wonder...has anyone found a good replacement for the ESC module (BLO) or (HKP)? Without having to upgrade the ignition system, just looking for an ESC module.
Nope. Don’t think they’re made anymore. Plus point is they very rarely go bad.

Have you tested the ESC? Have you tested the knock sensor? Have you checked the wiring?

You can check to verify the ESC wiring. You can test your knock sensor(Eric’s chips don’t have see the knock sensor until over 1,200-1,500 R.P.M.’s), & you can check the wiring to the ECM.

Nope. Don’t think they’re made anymore. Plus point is they very rarely go bad.

Have you tested the ESC? Have you tested the knock sensor? Have you checked the wiring?

You can check to verify the ESC wiring. You can test your knock sensor(Eric’s chips don’t have see the knock sensor until over 1,200-1,500 R.P.M.’s), & you can check the wiring to the ECM.
Actually, I don't have one at all. I did a transplant into another car and while I was connecting the harness to each sensor I realized I didn't have the ESC module. Was hoping it was in a box but it wasn't. What are people using to combat this? Any help would be appreciated.

No replacement for the ESC module has ever been produced. But, the module rarely goes bad as it's hermetically sealed. In the last 35 years, I have only seen two bad units, one being a product of a meltdown and the other would set a code repeatedly.

It's likely one of the most reliable pieces of electronics ever used on our Buicks.

NOTE: If any pink/black stripe wire drops below battery voltage during testing, you have other issues within the harness/connections/keyswitch etc.