You can type here any text you want

Emission Chip Question-Scott Simpson

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

SuperTTA

Hi,
I bought an emissions chip from Scott and was wondering is someone knew if there is some kind of special code in it.
My situation is if I give it anything more than half throttle, the engine shuts off or sputters until I let off the gas. Even if I free rev it, it does it.

I know the emissions chip isn't made for haulin *ss, but I was pulling out and had to give it some gas and it fell on its face.
Any info would be appreciated.
Thanks,
James

Scott must have based it on one of the emissions chip images from the gnttype web site. These were made many, many years ago by someone who forgot to disable the automatic anti-tamper code that the program he was using inserted into each image, when it was created, and then he manually edited the images afterwards, so the anti-tamper test always fails. Basically, when you mash on the gas enough to get into PE mode it turns off the fuel; lift off and it runs again. I've posted this several times here and on the gnttype list, and mentioned it directly to at least one moderator, but the images are still there. Please, DON'T USE THEM :-).

Hi Carl, this chip might be one of the Mike Pitts "smog" chips. I used this chip before New Jersey went to the tires-on-the-roller test. If it is, the problem is caused by a change to the code section that makes the Wastegate TPS Scaler table to be used as the PE TPS Scaler and vice versa. I don't know why he swapped these two tables but it makes the car take a nose dive when you hit 30-50% throttle.

Scott, if your reading this, check the bin file for:
$82D: if 35 make 37
$82E: if 76 make 8C
$BBE: if 37 make 35
$BBF: if 8C make 76

This puts the correct table addresses back as they belong.

If this is not the same code used in your chip, I apologize for jumping to conclusions. :redface:

That's the antitamper code. If the normal checksum doesn't match a second copy stored in the code snippet, or if the checksum test is turned off, it uses the wategate table for the pe-tps table, and since it starts out zero, it turns off all fuel until you fall back out of pe mode. Basically, there should be no differences in the code half, from $0800 to $0FFF, between the emissions chips and the stock images. The difference that is there is the antitamper code.

Thanks for the info. Hopefully Scott will see this and reply. I need a chip to pass inspection on the rollers and when you give it too much gas, it nosedives and you can really smell unburnt fuel coming out the exhaust.
I need to get ahold of Scott.
Later,
James
Anyone know his latest email address?

Back