Empty battery case

gnxtc2

Staff member
Awhile ago a vendor was selling an empty battery case, anyone know who it was. Or a place where they sell just the battery case?

Thanks

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

I found one at bowling green one year.I may sell it I bought for $25.Thats what I paid for it.Mike

Check with your local battery supply shop. They usually have display batteries that are empty. I even bought one from Sears a few years ago. By the way, they are ALOT of fun to keep laying around in the garage. Just pick it up and pretend that you are straining to pick it up and then walk towards you buddy and act like you tripped, and then let the thing FLY right into his chest..............................THAT, is Funny, I don't care Who you are., That's funny right thar.:biggrin:

i got mine from R&S stauss in Brooklyn , i asked if i could buy one and told the manager my intentions and he was cool enough to give me one .........if you go in somewhere someone may be good enough to give you one , had it out for the powestroke install and i pulled the gag turbofabricator mentioned with my wife and my buddy :D

by the way Billy nice looking set up on your GN ...........................sorta reminds me of what mine looks like if it wasnt such a mess :rolleyes:

I've got one also........friend who worked at a battery plant gave me one.......often thought about cutting it open and hiding a meth tank in there !

Big daddy i read your post fast and first though you wrote you were going to hide your METH in there .

I tried to cut mine apart (just like the one pictured above) to make a meth tank. They are REALLY glued together. I don't know what glue they use, but they need to use it to hold the heat tiles on the Space Shuttle.:eek: They have a compartments (for the different cells) and after working on it for a few hours, I gave up and welded up a 321 stainless tank and installed it where the battery goes. Maybe I should paint it black and install a AC-Delco sticker on it.

By the way, they are ALOT of fun to keep laying around in the garage. Just pick it up and pretend that you are straining to pick it up and then walk towards you buddy and act like you tripped, and then let the thing FLY right into his chest..............................THAT, is Funny, I don't care Who you are., That's funny right thar.:biggrin:

WOW, that is just plain wrong?

I am going to start looking for one when I am out to keep in the garage...

Mike

Did you still want the fake battery?I have couple of interest in but I told you I would sell it to you so I wanted to give your chance.Just let me know.Thanks

just make one.. punch a hole in the bottom and let the acid drain, then cut out the bottom and start scooping lead out.
heavy rubber gloves and a face shield might be a prudent thing..

I wish I had know, I worked for Delphi battery plant in Fitzgerald Ga till they closed a little while back. Could have got you a empty with the lid not glued on it most likely for cheap! You can cut out the bottom like novaderrik said but be carefull and wear gloves for sure! The inside of the battery case has plastic slots that you would have to cut out also and it will be fun getting the plates out as they are welded to the lugs on top but with enough yanking they will probley break free. They are welded lead to lead so they are not that tough. Daniel Ray