You can type here any text you want

Engine Bling

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Very good advice Carl. The blowoff valve is highly recommended. I'm positive it saved my intake countless times.

Dave, I folded in the throttle blade on my car the last time out. I looked through some data and there is approx 30psi differential between manifold PSI and the pressure on the throttle blade outside for approx .3 of a second after you lift. I'm going to the procharger blowoff valve for next year. I do think the HOLLEY 80MM throttle body blade being made out of billet AL is not as good as some others, I notice they all seem to use a brass appearing blade and may have helped led to the issue. :mad:

Oh, and maybe turning up the boost also....

Dave, I folded in the throttle blade on my car the last time out. I looked through some data and there is approx 30psi differential between manifold PSI and the pressure on the throttle blade outside for approx .3 of a second after you lift. I'm going to the procharger blowoff valve for next year. I do think the HOLLEY 80MM throttle body blade being made out of billet AL is not as good as some others, I notice they all seem to use a brass appearing blade and may have helped led to the issue. :mad:

Oh, and maybe turning up the boost also....
I'm using a 100mm Kinsler aluminum throttle blade. So far so good. I think a good blow off valve helps keep the blade straight. Also, starting the engine with the throttle blade at an off idle position in case of an intake backfire helps too.

Don, I'll probably drop the 80MM TB to Kinsler and have it fixed. I'm going to a 90mm for next year now.

Don, I'll probably drop the 80MM TB to Kinsler and have it fixed. I'm going to a 90mm for next year now.

I went with 100mm because it was easier to match to a common up pipe size (4") and wiggins clamp size. I had to develop a variable pull throttle lever attachment though, to make light throttle opening more controllable. Without it the throttle was very touchy.

Nice! Maybe ill see that at next years Back to the Bricks in Flint or at the Dream Cruise in the D?

Back