You can type here any text you want

Engine Breaking Up???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GNX 120

I have a 12k GNX WITH 50 lb injectors, 49 turbo, converter, ?down pipe, and some other mild boltons and sometimes it runs mint but other times under low or high boost it breaks up. Any ideas or help?? #774 696 3585 THANKYOU KERRY

stupid question but did you put the clips back on that attach the injector harness to injectors? i skipped this on one of my cars and sometimes a injector loses the connection.

fresh set of plugs never hurts .i usually gap mine at .028 if gapped bigger and you are running a bunch of boost you could be blowing out the spark.

hope this helps. as you know could be a million things with these cars.

Clips are all good,I will check plugs I have one rusty and loose wire on coil side could it be that??? I will put new end. Seems like the hotter it get's the worse?? I don't know. THANX KERRY

make sure terminals on coil are also not corroded up.if so sand them.

like the other guy said fuel pump and hotwire?

Yes does have hotwire but not sure on the pump I will check pressure, what should it be at? THANX AGAIN KERRY

without the line on the regulator 42-45# and it should go up 1# per pound of boost.

example 42 # without line .put line back on then you have 15# of boost your fuel pressure should then be 57#

when was the last time you changed your fuel filter?

Clips are all good,I will check plugs I have one rusty and loose wire on coil side could it be that??? I will put new end. Seems like the hotter it get's the worse?? I don't know. THANX KERRY

run over to jacks pick up some magnacores and be done with it.throw new plugs in it. can't go wrong with this stuff.

bad wires can cause problems

no problem. do some of the maintence stuff and go from there. it's usually stupid stuff. call me tomorrow if you need some more ideas, 203 213 9126

i drive these cars everyday for the last 6 years rain ,snow, shine. have to try to figure out all my own problems then if i can't figure it out i call my older wiser friends.

I have a 12k GNX WITH 50 lb injectors, 49 turbo, converter, ?down pipe, and some other mild boltons and sometimes it runs mint but other times under low or high boost it breaks up. Any ideas or help?? #774 696 3585 THANKYOU KERRY

Have your tps, coilpack and module tested too!!

Back