You can type here any text you want

Engine Carnage Pics..

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BadAssGN

Certifiable Member
Lets see them, I know some of you have driven over crank shafts, and I've been drooling over all the nice under hood pics so lets see some CARNAGE...

I stole these pics from Sully
dotc12.jpg

dotc13.jpg

dotc14.jpg

dotc16.jpg

dotc17.jpg

dotc18.jpg

i ACTAULLY had a SHARP PARIN in my heart by seeing those pics you posted...OUCH!!!,what happen!!! too much boost!!!???

That engine belongs to V6 Beast (Sully) on Tbs.com

That engine saw many many 10 sec runs over a few years, I guess it was due to happen sometime, from his post there were no tuning issues it was working great.

All I can think of is that poor knock sensor, it must be deaf now....

That cant be good was this a stock block and crank??
Damn thats a lot of Lucas oil treatment in the back ground to!!!
lol to late for that lmao

That cant be good was this a stock block and crank??
Damn thats a lot of Lucas oil treatment in the back ground to!!!
lol to late for that lmao

yeah, Sully said it was stock rods,crank, billet centre mains and a long time of hard running.

Here's a few for ya. Much the same story as Sully. Ran 10s for years then dipped into the nines before I reached the limit of the stock polished rods.

Attachments

• badpiston.jpg
    badpiston.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 443
  • brokenrods.jpg
    brokenrods.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 451
  • oilpan2.jpg
    oilpan2.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 446
  • oilpan3.jpg
    oilpan3.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 448
  • Picture 932.jpg
    Picture 932.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 418
Here's a few for ya. Much the same story as Sully. Ran 10s for years then dipped into the nines before I reached the limit of the stock polished rods.

Thanks for posting, everyone can learn a thing or to with these pics....

So I am going through the log on my website and what do I find? All these new hits on my carnage pics :biggrin:

No tuning issues. Stock rods are good for 10.20 and that's it. After that there will be trouble :D

Sully

So I am going through the log on my website and what do I find? All these new hits on my carnage pics :biggrin:

No tuning issues. Stock rods are good for 10.20 and that's it. After that there will be trouble :D

Sully

sorry Sully, yours is the best example of 109 limits ever... I remembered your thread and dug it up....:biggrin:

Sully

I think I might need to upgrade then:eek:

Here's my small addition to the engine carnage.:o

This happened due to an extremely violent pop at 30psi of boost at the race track. I think my girdle may have saved the crank. Not knowing it split the piston I went out again. That time it just burned through like a torch. I felt the car nose over and smoke came boiling out the exhaust.

crackedpiston.JPG

Pete from ans had a block on an engine stand that was in to pieces. i have to ask him if has pics of it. it was broke right down center of block. i believe it was a stage 1 block.

Back