Engine in, idles to fast

My interpretation of closed throttle body was 100% closed with 0 air going through the TB

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Ok that was how I found my problem with the EGR letting air in. I capped the TB and it still idled high So start eliminating things until you narrow it down

I turned the throttle blade to pretty much being 100% closed Then I put my hand over the TB to be 100% sure it was closed

Start the car and start spraying carb cleaner all over every connection, mating surface. Everywhere. The engine stumbles, there's your leak. If its present not under load.

You can back the throttle blade off until it physically sticks in the bore at rest.

but one lumpy piece of carbon/crud on the IAC pintle/seat can cause a high idle situation. With a scan tool you'd notice it would be reading "00" as the ECM is trying to bring the idle down.

I took my TPS apart too! I did the tps and iac checks first I did all of the basics and then eliminated from there In the end I found the problem

The TPS can still be misadjusted with the throttle blade 100% closed..............and You can read tps voltage with a voltmeter and a safety pin. No scan tool needed.

A vacuum leak is certainly a possibility. But on a new engine install, you need to set minimum air rate and reset TPS.

The TPS can still be misadjusted with the throttle blade 100% closed..............and You can read tps voltage with a voltmeter and a safety pin. No scan tool needed.

A vacuum leak is certainly a possibility. But on a new engine install, you need to set minimum air rate and reset TPS.
Agreed. The new engine install is what leans me toward a breach in the ducting. Simple as someone not tightening something correctly or as complicated as not checking electronics parameters.