Engine Nock..need ideas for high 10's,low 11's

oh, when ur rebuilding ur engine this would be a good time to get urself an RJC powerplate aswell! it helps with air distribution because the stock design of the upper plenum is known for very poor air distribution to individual cylinders!

what were u runnin time wise with ur 54 turbo?

If this was intended for me i never made a full pass on good tires. 11.90-12.0 on hard as a rock radial tires with 2.0 60' at 124mph was the highest mph. A lot of 12.0 passes in the 123 range. I could never get the converter to lock up[ completely. 6.70 in the eighth at 102.9mph was the best eighth. Back then you couldnt run under 12.0 or they broke balls about no bar. Race weight was 3500 lbs. I have gained 80 lbs since then:eek: . Its actually the same car that is on the bottom of my sig with a really old combo.

well I did more investigating with an older friend that has more mechanical experience with engines. hes willing to bet that its not a rod nock. He says it sounds like a flexplate bolt or cracked or converter bolt loose. It started to rain so we couldne really take the time to remove the valvecovers or jack the car up to look at the converter bolts. But we will do so on thursday.

I have an rjc plate, but i have been told that its just an obstruction for airflow, that it stops pinging bc its restricting the airflow, nothing else. supposedly a car in fl runs 9.90s without it.

Will keep you guys posted on findings on thursday. I really hope its something else.

yea, ive read the same thing before about the rjc plates. i know it looks like a restriction and may be alittle bit of a restriction when gettin to 10's and 9's but it is put in there for a reason by hundreds of buick owners. check out his link that shows the air distribution of the stock plenum compared to one with a powerplate, its pretty interesting!
Flow Comparison