You can type here any text you want

engine parts

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

nu2gn

fasteddie
ok i have gathered money for the rest of my engine parts. does anyone know what head gaskets part numbers i need for a .030 over engine? block or heads are not machined. also need rubber fuel feed line, i also need advice on a replacement camshaft.. i know i am forgetting other things, but these are the most important items. i was trying to get away from a roller cam because of price difference. i want to get it running already. any help is appreciated.

Hey Eddie, call Full throttle for the gasket set @ 586 294-4404 best bang for your buck. It has everything you need except the valley pan gasket. It will be around $100 or so with shipping. Just get the Felpro intake gasket from AutoZone or Advance auto.
Make sure you use silicone on all your head bolts as all of them hit the water jackets. Some people use pipe thread sealers, some use thread lock but I always used the Permitex copper sealant. Since you work for Mercedes you can use what ever they use to seal a bolt that goes through water jackets.

If you want to run a flat tappet cam, make sure you run ZDDP, you can buy that from EBay or you can contact Paul Castle at 630-669-1583. He is in Aurora and a great guy to deal with. Also check your springs on your heads. Make sure its around 90- 100lbs. You don't want too much or too little pressure on them. Make sure they are good enough, not too week as your valves will float or too much will kill your cam. A 212/212 would be good cam but if the price is right on something else go for it. Just remember that you would be spending $8-10 bucks extra on every oil change for ZDDP or buy the Valvoline Racing oil that may have the additive as well but I will stick with ZDDP for sure so that I can use any oil. All the oil companies are constantly changing there formula to meet the EPA regulations so if you get the ZDDP all the metals you need for the flat tappet cam to survive is there.

Give me a buzz if you need more clarification bud!!

Prasad:cool:

Back