You can type here any text you want

Engine Rebuild Specification

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GangsterMD

Turbo'd since '95
How can I get the proper engine specs to confirm my engine builder is on the right track? I know gnttype.org has specs on there, but are they one size fits all? Parts in sig.
Thanks

How can I get the proper engine specs to confirm my engine builder is on the right track? I know gnttype.org has specs on there, but are they one size fits all? Parts in sig.
Thanks

OK, i will stick my neck out and give you an answer that no one wants to say, but it has been said before.:smile:

If you have given the engine builder your requirements of the performance you expect from the build, and he does NOT know the proper specs to accomplish this, you could end up in serious trouble.:confused:

Even if you were given specs in a post here, how do you or he know they would be appropiate?

An experienced builder with a proven track record is the best way to proceed.

I will have to second Nick on this.

Stats and Specs mean nothing unless you have someone who understands.

Buick engines are a little different then the small block from ford and chevy.

I have tried a reputable machine service, told them what I wanted and still had to redo.

On the same token I also assemble all my engines to my sepcifications and so far have had no issues. This takes time for me to check and double check but it has worked.

Unless you are familiar with the quirks of a particualr piece, it is hard to do it correct. Buicks are not done everyday by very many people so some of the quirks are overlooked.

I recommend a good builder familiar with your particular setup. Sometimes the extra paid up front saves in the long run.

Not sure if this helps.

Back