engine removal

87MNGN

I want to remove my engine from my 87 GN to powdercoat some stuff....how big of a process is this and what are some tips I should have before doing so? OH....and how hot do you think the turbo/exhaust gets? I found some silver powdercoat that withstands up to 1000 degrees! So yeah....if anybody could help, that would be great!

don't forget the engine grounds on the back of the pass head. it's pretty straight forward. engine mounts are 5/8 bolt, 11/16 nut. bellhousings are 9/16, convertor bolts are 15mm. when you put it back in just make sure you don't pinch the starter wiring between the bellhousing.

1000 degrees? I fart hotter than that. :D POR 20 works ok for a while. Just cruising around my EGT is over 1000. WOT is around 1520 degrees.

Why are you removing the engine to powdercoat "stuff"?:confused:

Everything that can or could be powdercoated is easily removed with the engine in the car.:)

removing the engine sucks I've had mine out twice. Your better off just taking the pieces off you want to coat. I used por 20 on my exhaust and it works good. It is good to like 1600 degrees.