You can type here any text you want

Engine sometimes emits excess smoke while stopped at stop sign

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
chopper at limit engineering is the guy that i talked to. you need to call them to find out about rebuilding the turbo.(928)453-7321

Thanks. Today I did pull the PCV while idling in the drive, as so the line was not hooked to the PCV and was drawing in air thru the PCV hose right into the vacuum block on top. I didn't drive the car, just let it idle. it still has smoke coming out.

i have a good ta49 and i am close to harrisonville missouri if you wanna try it and return it whenever you are done with it no hurry

I would pull the plugs and see how they look. Try to determine if oil is entering pre or post combustion.

RL

Thanks. I've pulled the plugs twice now. They look like the typical brownish chalky color. They don't look oil fouled at all.

Perhaps I should pull the downpipe and see if the exhaust wheel is oil soaked?

I'm still leaning towards the PCV valve. Make sure it's a Turbo Specific valve. You might as well go order one at the parts store and swap it out. $10 isnt much.

The Exxon Valdez ran aground inside your exhaust housing.
That's just a funny reply. lol I have a leak after I start the car, so I'm almost in the same boat. Make me nervous. It doesn't leak until you start it up, then you start seeing a little smoke, and you can hear it hitting the crossover pipe.

Back