Eric, help with problem

dew

Eric, I purchased a v5.7 chip from you in 2012. The chip stays in open loop, only goes closed for a few seconds. Is this an ECM or chip failure. I have looked through my direct scan files from the last 2 years and
the chip as always stay in open loop. My order # for the chip was 8233.

Thanks

A set of criteria needs to be met to get closed loop. You don't have much listed for your combo either. A) How are you identifying open loop vs closed, scanmaster? and B) What temp thermostat are you running?

A set of criteria needs to be met to get closed loop. You don't have much listed for your combo either. A) How are you identifying open loop vs closed, scanmaster? and B) What temp thermostat are you running?
A direct scan B 160 deg

A direct scan B 160 deg

hmmm. I hope Eric chimes in, but if all the criteria is met, it should go and stay closed loop. TT chips are open loop idle though so whenever you are off the gas, it'll be open loop. Only at cruise with tps above a certain threshhold will it be closed loop, along with other criteria.

If it's up to temp, and it still won't go into closed loop, then I would suspect something is going on with the O2 sensor reading. If you want, send me a directscan file driving around.
Eric

If it's up to temp, and it still won't go into closed loop, then I would suspect something is going on with the O2 sensor reading. If you want, send me a directscan file driving around.
Eric
The ECM has an input for a map sensor add to run max effort - r, would that cause a problem. I have a new Denso o2 sensor in the car. I will try to get the files from my old laptop.

The MAP input shouldn't affect it.

If you watch the O2 readings during warmup, its needs to come up over 600mv before the ECM will allow closed loop. If you notice the O2 is hanging out in the 450-500mv area, then typically something is wrong with either the sensor, or the wiring (like a bad ground).

The MAP input shouldn't affect it.

If you watch the O2 readings during warmup, its needs to come up over 600mv before the ECM will allow closed loop. If you notice the O2 is hanging out in the 450-500mv area, then typically something is wrong with either the sensor, or the wiring (like a bad ground).
The o2 run between 750 -800 at wot. The o2 will drop one low frame in direct scan ever now and then---- you have a flat 780-790 then one frame at 650 the back to 780. Frame rate is 18.2 frames per second.

The o2 run between 750 -800 at wot. The o2 will drop one low frame in direct scan ever now and then---- you have a flat 780-790 then one frame at 650 the back to 780. Frame rate is 18.2 frames per second.

It should fluctuate above and below .500volts but only when in closed loop mode. Seems like it's working properly though. How about the readings at idle?

It should fluctuate above and below .500volts but only when in closed loop mode. Seems like it's working properly though. How about the readings at idle?
O2 looks fine at idle. The car will go closed loop as soon is it moves off idle but if you go wot it will go back to open loop and stay there until 50 mph the closed loop and back and forth with open loop.

I would have to see a log. It's hard to tell from your description, but it might be operating normally.
It should be open loop at idle. It should go closed loop when off idle. At WOT it doesn't matter what the closed/open loop flag says. It operates in open loop whenever PE mode is activated (even if it says closed loop).
If you want to send a log, I'll be happy to take a look.
Eric

I would have to see a log. It's hard to tell from your description, but it might be operating normally.
It should be open loop at idle. It should go closed loop when off idle. At WOT it doesn't matter what the closed/open loop flag says. It operates in open loop whenever PE mode is activated (even if it says closed loop).
If you want to send a log, I'll be happy to take a look.
Eric
Eric , will Direct Scan work using a USB to Parallel port adapter , if so I could get a new file for you to look at. All my files are on a old Windows 98 laptop, the only thing working is the hard drive, so I can't transfer the files. My son, Robert Wilson has used this laptop to tune 3-4 cars all setup to run pump gas and Razors Alky kit . My car has the same setup , all the cars run low 11's to high tens. When I looked at the other car's files the car's lock in closed loop and had very stable o2 readings. My car is and out of closed loop and the o2 at wot has the outliers , 790-780 at wot then one frame 600 and back to 780 on the next. Is there a problem with car are am I chasing ghost.