You can type here any text you want

Evo vs SRT8 Jeep

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87we410877

I was at the gas station on the corner of a main 2 lane highway near my house that is basically a straight line race track. I hear the oh so farmiliar sound of an Evo staging on the limiter. I couldnt see it but i knew what it was. Light turned green and an SRT-8 Jeep Flew out like it was shot out of a cannon!! Left the evo by 20 cars within 4 seconds. I have never seen a car get out so fast. My GN went 10.69 and i would have been DUSTED! This thing had to be turbo.

Did it look like this?

They can be mid to high 9 second rides when built and with the right turbo. The second video, is one of the fastest in the country right now. Gotta watch out for those. The EVO guy probably had no clue what he was getting into. Very stealthy.

Four wheel drive anything with power and a good driver is a nightmare for a two wheel driver car on the street. I routinely loose the hole shot to STI's or SRT-8's or Evos if I don't tree them. But I've never lost to one if the race is an 1/8 or better. My best though is 11.18 at 124 so i would loose to the SRT's in the videos. I also don't loose in rolling starts either.

I lost to a 4.33+ geared "built" mustang once letting him bait me at a red light and then he only raced 20o yards before letting off as I was reeling him in; so he could say you loose at the next red light in front of his girlfriend. Found him at a test and tune and lined up next to him in the staging lanes. He looks over, recognizes the car and pulls out of the lanes to let the stang behind him face me. I got out and asked why? He says he isn't running right and just wants to make a shakedown pass. I said so what does it matter who you face then man? The kid next to me wants me bad though, he lost badly.

Mikey

Back