You can type here any text you want

Exhaust Headers Stage II

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Ron Kloprogge

2012-09-23-0812.jpg
Looking for some information on a company in the US that makes exhaust headers for a aluminium stage II cylinder heads for a turbo application, currently we are building up a stage II Indy engine, (Stroke is 2.610") with 4" bore in a never used stage II block, we are going to install this engine is a Holden (part of the GM group)

No company is producing headers for Stage II heads as you would need to have them fabricated in the Holden for them to fit.

Also, you must have the correct header flanges which must match the exhaust port and also fit the bolt pattern on your heads.

I work with a fab shop that does custom high-end headers and a one-of set built in the car will cost close to $3000.

No company is producing headers for Stage II heads as you would need to have them fabricated in the Holden for them to fit.

Also, you must have the correct header flanges which must match the exhaust port and also fit the bolt pattern on your heads.

I work with a fab shop that does custom high-end headers and a one-of set built in the car will cost close to $3000.

Hi Nick, when we found the stage II parts two sets of header was one of the parts, the headers however are for indy cars(back over the gearbox)

Thanks Nick, we found 6 engines and all the parts from a German race company all Buick Stage II one engine was build and the rest is new old stock, (made a mistake on crankshaft stroke) we have 6 crankshafts from 2.810 & 2.940.
The parts had some headers the problem is they go back over the gearbox (see picture) wonder if I can use the header I have and change them over

Attachments

• S:S Headers.JPG
    S:S Headers.JPG
    500.1 KB · Views: 171
Anyone that can build headers can cut off the tubes near the flange and make a set of usable headers for a Regal body. But those are cool just because of the history of them.

Anyone that can build headers can cut off the tubes near the flange and make a set of usable headers for a Regal body. But those are cool just because of the history of them.

Do you sell new exhaust flanges for the stage II Nick?

Some of the parts we found from the German Race team.

(6) HD 14 bolt Cast Iron Cylinder Block
(2) 3.8 Bore
(4) 4.00 Bore
(6) Billet Crankshafts, various strokes.
(3) sets Main Bearings
(3) sets con rod bearings
(3) sets Cam bearings
(2) Sets Carrillo con rods Plus 7 used on dyno2 hours
(2) Set Pistons 3.800 Bore Dia.
(3) Sets Pistons 4.00 Bore Dia.
(2) Roller Tappet Camshafts
(2) sets Roller Tappets
(3) Rev. Kit Sets, Ta units
(2) Cast alum oil sumps ARE units
(2) 14 bolt alum Cylinder Heads Ported and used on dyno 2 hour
(6) 14 bolt alum Cylinder Heads New unported
(4) Valve Covers cast Alum Buick
(12) Titanium Inlet Valves
(12) Inconil Exhaust valves
(2) Sets TA Roller Rocker arms
2 Indy Style Inlet system, manifold, trumpets,nozzles, lines set up for alcohol
1 Indy IHI Big Indy turbocharger, maybe 10 hours on dyno
(4) Cosworth water pumps
(6) Sets of Cam gear drive assemblies
misc Weaver Brothers oil pump parts
misc Weaver brother Cog drive wheels
(2) Sets Muir Front Timing Cover assemblies
(1) McLaren Front Timing Cover assembly
(2) Sets of dyno 321 Stainless headers, one set adjustable.

I can make some flanges, but I've never tried mine on an Indy head. I don't know if the ports are the same as the heads most of us use. I know the intake ports are different. Do you have a local shop that can water jet or laser cut steel plate?

If you post a picture of the exhaust ports on the heads that would help. I have a set a Stainless header flanges that I had made by SPD. They are very nice parts and would may make a great start on a set of headers if they fit your ports.

Jason at RJC Racing made flanges out of mild steel. He may still have some or may be able to make you a set.

Thanks for your help sofar to all, have taken a picture of a new head this one is not used or ported

Attachments

• stage II head.JPG
    stage II head.JPG
    752.6 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:
I would gladly fab up a set of headers to fit your application. It would require a lot of measurements to allow me to make them fit from more than three meters away. I love making stuff that others say is impossible. Cool find on your parts. It would take a lot of pictures and measurements to make feasible. I would think that there is someone local who could help you out. Have you posted a question on Yellowbullet.com? There are a hand full of Aussies on there that may have a connection. If you are in a big hurry I am not the guy for sure. I build jets for a living and do this stuff for "fun". But I do love to make stuff no one else has tried. Check my posts for examples.

Back