You can type here any text you want

Exhaust? SLP, Magnaflow??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

chicagoTTA

Crack Baby
Okay, before I get shot by y'all...

Know I searched and READ every single post on this. Still don't feel like there was an answer there.

I want a throaty sounding exhaust. NO RICER sound... no drone... just as close as I can get to the sound a TPI car makes with a Flowmaster.

It seems that the SLP cat-back exhaust (for the TPI cars) was a possible answer. Others mentioned Magnaflow as well. My thought was getting a cat-back 'kit' would mean less $$ spent in custom bent tubing and eliminates the possibility that the muffler shop will f*** it up.

What do you all think? What is a good choice for deep sound that works well with turbo cars? I'll be doing this at the same time as my THDP/test pipe install.

Thanks in advance!

Michael

I went with the ATR stainless exhaust, it sounds nice at idle and cruiseing, but coming down from about 4k rpms sounds a little ricey.

I don't think anything will sound like a TPI flowmaster car... i know what your talking about I used to have a flowmaster/350 Iroc that sounded mean.

I've heard a flowmaster on a TTA and it kinda sounded like arse also... best solution for me is to just open the dump pipe and let the turbo whistle... I think turbo whistle sounds better then a v8 n/a car anyway....

If i were you, just get the THDP and a dump pipe, and keep the stock exhaust...

~Murt

I had the SLP and really liked it. It isn't raspy like the ATR. Its a hair deeper than stock, think of it as a little mellow :)

Most don't like it because it exits only on one side. But the sound is better, IMHO. You get used to the look pretty quick though, at least I did.

Exits on only one side? That blows chunks...

Is there a way around that?? That's something I couldn't deal with.

Originally posted by chicagoTTA
Exits on only one side? That blows chunks...

Is there a way around that?? That's something I couldn't deal with.
It's not that bad :)

They do make a dual/dual that has tips on both sides. I don't know if it'll work but I would imagine it would. That would look almost stock but the tips would point straight out instead of having a slightly downward angle.

I have a picture of the 2 on the left on my website.

Back