You can type here any text you want

Expert advice needed - dog house

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Jerryl

Tall Unvaccinated Chinese Guy
Would you use this?
Non expert opinions welcome. :p

1380463961133.jpg

1380464076494.jpg

I would use it, and do a number of plug readings.
Aerodynamics and compressible flow are voo doo, so trying to guess exactly how that thing would work would be just that. If I had to guess, I think it would still favor the rear cylinders. or maybe just lean the fronts. Looks interesting.

Haven't seen on of those in a while. You'll lose some plenum volume but I doubt it's anything you'd notice from behind the wheel.

Wonder who made these, and how much testing was done.

It looks like a Hemco. I have one on my car and no problems with lean plugs.

It's a stock plenum with a flap of sheet metal welded in there. I used to see those preformed baffles for sale many moons ago.

Here's a pic of a stock untouched one for you Jerryl. It's old school like Earl said.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 180
We made those many years ago. They work pretty good. There is another version that blocks off some of the front like the hemco did later on. That was made likely around 1994. it also works very good with ALKY, much better than a spacer plate.
Mike

I've seen one of them b/f.

If your looking for more power that old school plenum isn't going to do much. I ran one years ago and as far as more power ? NO ! Car had alittle better throttle response and the rear plugs looked alittle better. Don't know what your set up is but 2 or 3 more pounds of boost or one of RJC's power plates for your stock plenum would be my choice.

Back