You can type here any text you want

extender chip confusion

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

DR BOOST

Technical advisor
here is the problem...my car is an ex dfi car that had an extensively modified history. below are the hurdles ive run into and how i soloved them. please fill in the blanks to help me and the next person who does a search.

these are all regarding the extra parameters on extender chips.

Q1. my car has no a/c yet i need to turn it on to get into different modes.
A1. i jumped the pressure switch on the drier by sticking a piece of wire in that grey plug

Q2. the wire that is added into the harness should be connected to the grey wire under the dash....but i have no grey wire..
A2. I stick the wire end into the bulb socket of the glove box...now the pin swith is my park light simulator

Q3 how does the computer know what gear the car is in?
when i shift from park to drive ...the parameters still stay in the park mode..
A3 ???????

thats all for now, but i will add more.

thanks

surej

Similar.

Hey Surej,
I have similar issues. The gray wire for the parking light function for changes. And in my case with the 400 in it I'll have to hook up a switch to do the changes. For the shifter position part.

Steve:D

inputs......

I believe the PRNDL switch, i.e. park/neutral is under the dash.

But you can always use a miscelaneous input:

head lights, dome lights, brake light, reverse lights, defogger, blah blah...

how do i wire in a misc input to simulate the park/neutral input?

also, since extender chips have lower timing in 3rd gear...does my computer know what gear it is in?

surej

Hi Surej

regarding the high gear timing retard:

I think the trans 3rd gear pressure switch (on the valve body) is what the extender uses to pull timing out in 3rd. If that switch works, the timing feature should work.

My 3rd gear switch was bad. Fixed it, then the timing feature worked. Before that, the chip would not pull timing until 4th gear switch came on.

thanks steve!

how can u tell if it is pulling out timing?

see ya at ans on sun.

surej

On direct scan, the timing command drops 2 degrees.

CHILI...mmmmm

Back