You can type here any text you want

Extender Commander+Spark Translator or Tuner 6 chip programming kit

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbot2496

Whats the best way to go? Getting a chip burner and software package and burning your own or can you do all the adjustments and tuning you could need with the Extender commander set for your injectors + Spark translator combo? Costs about the same for either so which is the best way to go in everybodys opinion?

Assuming you are talking about the command series chips for stock MAFs then I would say you are trading off the ability to make in car changes versus reburning your own chips. To a large extent, once you have set various parameters to your liking then you won't change them often for normal driving. If you are burning your own chips then you would not really need the spark translator.

I use the MAF translator plus in my car so I can use the regular Extender chip and play with timing.

Someone had mentioned this in another thread!

http://www.tunercat.com/tnr_desc/rttnr_desc.html

No eraser to buy or reader or burner or spare chips. It may be something to look into. Real time changes. Anyone ever look into this. It seems that it's the same as taking the chip out altering and putting it back in minus the hassle

Originally posted by trading t/a
Someone had mentioned this in another thread!

http://www.tunercat.com/tnr_desc/rttnr_desc.html

No eraser to buy or reader or burner or spare chips. It may be something to look into. Real time changes. Anyone ever look into this. It seems that it's the same as taking the chip out altering and putting it back in minus the hassle

Tuner cat is a chip burning program. It's just more user friendly than most.

Still gotta have an eraser, burner, blanks, etc. etc. etc.

Maybe the link didn't come up in it. I believe it's called the romulator instead of having a standard e-prom it allows you to change variables in real time. So there is no erasing burning reading etc.

Unless I misread it, it looks like a on the fly chip burning product. I know of tunercat which is the program they used as an example to make changes to your config.

Originally posted by trading t/a
Maybe the link didn't come up in it. I believe it's called the romulator instead of having a standard e-prom it allows you to change variables in real time. So there is no erasing burning reading etc.

Unless I misread it, it looks like a on the fly chip burning product. I know of tunercat which is the program they used as an example to make changes to your config.

There's good reason you don't see any romulators (or they're very very scarce) out there on our cars.
They've been tried, in many cases. Just didn't work out. Generally they were/are very prone to interference. EMI and RFI both, and in some cases very badly.

A ROM emulator, if placed in a decent EMI enclosure would work quite well. However it would be a development tool only, it would not have the same read stability of a PROM. Besides 99% of the time you are just driving, not tuning.

Back