You can type here any text you want

extender extreme/maft pro

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Turbo6Smackdown

quick question on these two upper level chips.
they say that the extender extreme is for injectors 55 pounds and higher, and extends your maf range to 767.
the maft pro eliminates the maf altogether, but you have to tune her with a laptop and some sort of software i imagine.

first question, the extender extreme is for big injectors. cuz of the a/f mixture and flows and all of that. well its saying that it handles the increased air flow/fuel. can i install that on my nearly stock set up now, (all i have is k&n cai, catless 2.5" exhaust, old chip and higher stall converter) so that when i upgrade to the 60 pound mototrons, i dont have to keep buying new toys?
i want to upgrade to the ls-1 maf, and increase my maf range, but dont want to buy another deal when i finally do the 60 pounders.

and finally, the maft pro deal. they said i have to tune it with a laptop (no problem, i can learn fairly quickly) but, is this a constant thing, or do i tune it once, and be done with it. do these things 'fall out of tune' at all? if i could do away with my maf altogether, i would rather save a little more money, and just get that, and be done with the maf dance all the way around.

Turbo6Smackdown said:
quick question on these two upper level chips.
they say that the extender extreme is for injectors 55 pounds and higher, and extends your maf range to 767.
the maft pro eliminates the maf altogether, but you have to tune her with a laptop and some sort of software i imagine.

first question, the extender extreme is for big injectors. cuz of the a/f mixture and flows and all of that. well its saying that it handles the increased air flow/fuel. can i install that on my nearly stock set up now, (all i have is k&n cai, catless 2.5" exhaust, old chip and higher stall converter) so that when i upgrade to the 60 pound mototrons, i dont have to keep buying new toys?
i want to upgrade to the ls-1 maf, and increase my maf range, but dont want to buy another deal when i finally do the 60 pounders.

and finally, the maft pro deal. they said i have to tune it with a laptop (no problem, i can learn fairly quickly) but, is this a constant thing, or do i tune it once, and be done with it. do these things 'fall out of tune' at all? if i could do away with my maf altogether, i would rather save a little more money, and just get that, and be done with the maf dance all the way around.

MaftPro can be tuned via the integral keypad. Most guys don't use a laptop much, if at all.

Once you tune it, you can leave it alone.

With the Pro, since its speed density, you would have to retune the WOT fuel for a new turbo.

so i can go mafless that easy? just throw it in, tune it, and be done with it? how come everyone doesnt do this?

You should change to a 3 bar MAP sensor.

The Extender Pro chip is required for the timing control to work.

For full fuel control an Extender, Extender Extreme, or Extender Pro are recommended.

However, the system will work with any chip. There are several customers running TurboTweak chips.

Bob
www.maftpro.com

so when i switch to the LS1 maf, and get the translator, could i do the extender extreme with my stock injectors right off the bat, so that when i do eventually throw the mototron 60's in there, i dont need to buy another chip?

i basically want to keep my injectors, turbo, intercooler, heads, cam, throttle body/plenum all stock for now, while i tweak and tune, and get the most out of it right now...as an experiment. once i play with this stock combo enough, i will throw in some 60 pounders, and a turbo to match, and front mount my IC, and then take it to the next level. but thats a ways from now. i just want to flow a little more air right now, and would like the tunability of a newer maf/translator and that nice chip. is this possible with stock injectors?

When you change maf's you could get an extender for your stock injectors, but when you change injectors you will need to send your chip back to be upgraded .....

i see. is that all i would need to do? they can just upgrade it like that? so i can get away with the extender chip and be done with it? how much for the 'upgrade' do ya know?

Why would you run a MAF, the MAFT pro is made so you can get rid of it :confused:

i was saying that, for now, since i may still run my maf. i was asking about the chips, not the maft pro.

Back