You can type here any text you want

Extender Extreme ????

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

RUQWKNF27

Ever since I have had everything disconnected in my car "new motor" my tranny has the symtome of a bad TCC Solenoid. Well I just put a new one in this morning plugged it all back together went down the rd. an same symtoms. My question is can the chip be the reason do I need to reprogram the chip to tell the convertor when to lock up?? Also on the inside of my tranny the tab where the connector from the solenoid snaps in was broke so I figured the tab should click witht he tab facing the pan so thats the way i pluggen it in !!

As shipped in parameter 9 is a 0.

This would be no decel fuel cutoff for a smaller converter, and also no fan temp. change from 175 degree turn on and 170 shutoff.

It also allows TCC under cruise conditons to lock up at 45 mph.

If you have a custom or smaller diameter or lightweight torque converter you may need to program an 8 or 9 into position 9.

8 being enabling DCC fuel cutoff in low gears and a TCC lockup under cruise at 45mph.

9 would be same enabling of DCC for the smaller converter and a TCC lockup under cruise of 50mph.

WOT TCC lockup is in POS. 13 and default is 0 or no lockup under WOT.

OK well that wa slike reading Japanese!! I"m sure this info is very useful but could you use some lamen terms with me!! Are you saying the problem I am having maybe directly related to me not having the correct programming in the chip parameters thus I need to try to change to the prior settings you described above??

My convertor is a 9/11.. I guess when you disconnect the ECM you have to reprogram the settings back into the chip?? This may be why I never had this problem prior, an now the ECm is not telling the converotr when to lock-up..

Symptom of a bad tcc as in it locks up as soon as it hits second? Or never locks up? Could also be an ecm issue.

If you do not do any programming the converter will lock up at 45 MPH. If it does not you have a issue with the ECM or one of the switches on the brake pedal. Can you maually lock it with a switch?
Mike

What was programmed by you into position nine if anything?

Default will give you 45mph cruise lockup and programming for a heavy stock torque converter.

That may be the proper setting for a 911 converter I don't know I've never used one. I would try an 8 or 9 programmed into that position as a test for sure, gives you the decel fueling for a lighter smaller converter which the 911 may be.

Who programmed the chip if anyone after you bought it?

Do you have the programming/manaul for the chip?

Well like Mike said it should be locking up anyway @ 45 MPH.. But like in this case it is locking up as soon as it hits 2nd gear an bogging the motor down.. What swiches onthe brake pedal could case this an there location?? I"m pretty sure I have it plugged in right on the side of the tranny with the tab coming from the TCC Sol. facing the tranny pan!

If you have already replaced the tc solenoid, it may be time to try another ecm. Classic solenoid symptom is when it hits second the convertor locks.

Well can I try a regular ECm with stk. drivers to see if its is the ECm bad?? Cause I have 72's an low impendance drivers in mine??

At the transmission connector see if you have a ground on the tan/Blk wire that is in position D on the connector. Use an ohm meter read to a good ground for the test.

Test it car off parked safely in the driveway.

You can unplug the connector to test, with an ohmmeter to ground, but also check the transmission side of the connector where the tan/blk wire plugs into.

If it's grounded anywhere the TCC will lock up immediately when possible in the transmission which I believe is as soon as you hit second gear.

Nope, could be a shorted driver in the ECM as well.

If it is grounded on the wiring plug side and not inside the tranny connector going to the solenoid itself (internal to transmission) then unplug the two connectors on top of the ECM and see if it clears the short to ground on that wire.

If not it would be in the wiring somewhere.

Turns out my TCC valve was sticking squirt of wd-40 an buttoned her backup an hit the rd. @ 55 mph rpm's dropped to like 1900 so I will presumet hats Convertor LU.. Also did the tap test after LU an rpm's raised 500 for a sgort 2nd.. I hope this is what the problem was drove the car for 25 min an it al seemed fine.. Upon furhter cruising I will feel better.. Mike you said that stk programming has CLU @ 45 mph so can I presume 55 is programmed an would it be better to LU the convertor sooner???

Back