You can type here any text you want

extender fast data stream

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

DR BOOST

Technical advisor
i accidently got an extender extreme with the stock data stream.

the vendor graciously said he will replace it with the fast stream version.

ive been driving my car everyday and i dont want to have it sitting while i wait for the new chip.

so ...all i want to know is ...is it worth the wait?

i heard that there will be some features lost on the scanmaster with the high speed data stream...any comments?

surej

Originally posted by DR BOOST

ive been driving my car everyday and i dont want to have it sitting while i wait for the new chip.

i heard that there will be some features lost on the scanmaster with the high speed data stream...any comments?

surej

I much prefer the fast data stream. The only lost feature that I consider worth even a thought is the loss of trouble codes. But no big deal, I just read them off DS when needed.

surej
surej,

Get the fast data stream. I had the stock stream and it made me feel like I was missing so much data on the ScanMaster.

What injectors are you running now? I may have a chip that you can use temporarily. Gimme a call.

Filly

I really like the fast data stream. You do lose malfunction codes, but you get additional readings such as spark, cross counts, and injector pulse width.

It's not going to effect the way the car runs, just what you can monitor. Watch the knock counts, and drive.

Yes, it's worth getting. It'll help you as you get more familiar wtih your car in diagnosing what's good, and bad.

Back