F-body vs. Moog springs

1Badelky

I know, I've seen the 5658 results thread already.

I want to replace all of my springs and lower my car/truck. I was looking at the moog 5401 and 5413 rear springs, and they appear to only have 3 coils excluding the pigtails? at least on the rock auto website.

The F-Body (ss/ws6 HP) springs have a LOT of coils, and will swap right in both the front and rear, all I need are the rear isolators.

are the moogs made just for launching or what? I'm after handling and light load carrying capabilities.

I'm torn between moog, s10 drop, and f-body (may need cut) on the front.

You should put the 5658 in the front and then the rear is up to you. If you do a lot of towing, you will need a stiffer rate spring or airbags. The bad thing about the F-body springs is you cant use airbags. I personally would get the spring you want and that works for you that is a stock style with the pigtails and then get airbags you can pump up while towing. -----Jeremy

I would just use air bags for an f-body. I've seen them

so do the moog rears really look like this?

5413_TOP.jpg

I've used Moog Car-go coils several times with good results.
Meant for light loads and towing and no increase in ride height.

so are the moogs designed for dig launches or what? I can't see how a spring with 3 coils can handle....

would airbags make it handle alot better? and then let air out for a dig race?

I'm loking a f-body rears for a good price now. just need to know what to go with.

ok, thanks. I'm pretty sure now that ws.6 springs will lower the rear about 2 inches and still allow use of f-body bags. (can be bought from ws6store.com)

I think I'll just go with them. thanks for the help guys

Elky are you going to use 4th or 3rd gen rear springs? I'm just curious because i definitely am considering them. I installed a set of 5413s yesterday that I got from a friend with a Chevelle and my saggy stock springs sat at about 26 7/10 and the new 5413s are just a tiny bit under 27" I was pretty disappointed although the springs are stiffer and the car handles better. I still want to hook so i think stock 3rd gen or 4th gen springs should work out well in both the handling and straight line department. Let me know how it goes. Good luck

I'm going to use 4th gen springs because they will have less sag from age. although the third gen springs are completely interchangeable.

at least the f-body springs can be trimmed because they are a single pigtail design. the only disadvantage is having to use f-body rear bags, which isn't really a disadvantage. just a complication.