Fabricated front airdamn (pics)

gnon18s

Decided to build a set of custom airdamns. They are not finished but So far there coming out good. I cut one of my stockers to use for templates. I'm making them @half inch lower than factory, and will be incorporating rectangular air ducts in both sides.

Attachments

• SEMA 09 012.jpg
    SEMA 09 012.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 2,307
  • SEMA 09 006.jpg
    SEMA 09 006.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 2,305
more pics

Attachments

• SEMA 09 016.jpg
    SEMA 09 016.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 2,239
  • SEMA 09 013.jpg
    SEMA 09 013.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 2,310
Air Dams

Those are Air Dams are a work of art ! Also liked that you made them a little lower . Please post some more pics when they are mounted and painted:)

Those look awesome. Don't paint them, scotchbrite then black anodize them. Do you do sheetmetal fab for a living or just for fun.

Looks cool I want to try it. What is that sheet metal any particular thickness? Also what did you use to weld it?

Wow! Very nice work. Anodized black would look killer. You know the vendors are gonna be calling you to make these for them to sell.

Those are Air Dams are a work of art ! Also liked that you made them a little lower . Please post some more pics when they are mounted and painted:)

Lol, I'm usually good with spelling, but I wasn't sure if it was ..Airdamns, ..Air dam ..or wat. I even thought to google it, but figured people would figure it out anyway.

I originally thought to anodize them, but they would really have to be flawless for that. Plus, the filler metal in the welds often anodizes a little darker or lighter than the base material. ..They are .060 aluminum(5052) by the way.

I fell behind with another project and helping friends getting a truck ready for the SEMA show that was this week. I will have fresh pics up shortly.

Built the air ducts the other day and today welded them into the dams. as of now all the fab/welding should be done. From here I will be smoothing and sanding them, getting ready for a semi-flat paint.

Attachments

• parts 002.jpg
    parts 002.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 2,004
  • parts 005.jpg
    parts 005.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 1,993
  • parts 013.jpg
    parts 013.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 2,010
  • parts 019.jpg
    parts 019.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 2,077
Built the air ducts the other day and today welded them into the dams. as of now all the fab/welding should be done. From here I will be smoothing and sanding them, getting ready for a semi-flat paint.
very,very nice....