Fabricated front airdamn (pics)

Did you make those car stand also .Are those just 2x4s??
Nice Ride

Yes, they are just 2x4" stacked and nailed. They look ghetto at first but work really well and only cost $30 to make. You can adjust the height to suit.

I made some for my shop. Cut half of the 2x4's 12" long and the other half 16" long. Only other items required are top quality wood glue and big screws (long drywall screws). Join each board securely to it's neighbor with glue and screws. Let the glue dry real good (read the directions on the glue container). I went 12" high and wouldn't recommend going taller! Just be carefull and don't you (or your buddies) rock the car when anyone is under the car. You can mess even this up if you try hard enough!

If you are not handy with structural woodworking, go buy steel jackstands instead!

hot air

Time for a skim-coat of filler to hopefully fix any waves I had in them!

Lets try this again

Attachments

• IMG_0216.jpg
    IMG_0216.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 1,581
Let me know if you want to sell a set I don't even need the skim coat of filler on it they would look awsome with the welds sanded down and a black krinkle coat of paint shot on them.

I'll take that as a compliment but unfortunatly I have too much time in them to ever sell a set at an affordable price. This is a one time thing for me, I just hope they don't get damaged!

Damn! Those are bad a$$. You have a duty to reproduce them.:biggrin:

How much you have in them?

air damns

Nice! Real Nice! If those were polished and on a T with the chrome package they would look lovely. Nice work;)

bump for an update

Nothing new with the air dams rite now. I'm in th process of smoothing my bumpers, then I will have everything painted at the same time. I also made some aluminum bumper brackets!! I'm ready to get it back together!!

Attachments

• IMG_0252.jpg
    IMG_0252.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 1,159
  • IMG_9181.jpg
    IMG_9181.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 1,145
  • IMG_2005.jpg
    IMG_2005.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 1,140
Thanks, I'm happy with how they came out. They weigh about 12lbs less than the originals.

I've decided to take a welding class when I get back from Guantanamo Bay. As long as I don't get sent out to sea, that is! lol