Factory exaust headers

BOOSTD1

Building a low 10 sec motor will the factory headers be good for it or is there a need to go after market?
They are jet hot coated

Ive seen plenty of cars in the tens with the factory headers. Slight mods to them help.

IF your goin to drive the car a lot they won't hold up .. We used them with great results (9.92 @ 138+) BUT we put 15k on them .. Had to keep welding them up.. Finally got tired and went to TA's from Nick Micale "AZGN" :p ..

Grumpy, did you do the stainless or mild steel?

mild.. I have LOTS of friends with other cars with SS and mild headers... IF ya drive em a lot they crack :redface: We have 8500 miles on hers so far with no problems :cool:

OK OK OK I have no friends.. BUT I know these people :p

Yeah I have to agree. I didn't put as many miles on as her car but, I had to replace a crossover pipe due to cracking. The drivers header was repaired once before it was mine. Right between 3&5. That repair has held up fine. Its the one you sold me Grumpy. I had two cracks develop during the summer in different spots. Had them repaired and now I have a leak again. I know its either the drivers side manifold or the crossover. I will make the switch to headers in the spring.

IF your goin to drive the car a lot they won't hold up .. We used them with great results (9.92 @ 138+) BUT we put 15k on them .. Had to keep welding them up.. Finally got tired and went to TA's from Nick Micale "AZGN" :p ..

Where were they craking besides the normal 3-5 spot ?