Factory speakers

ONEBADBUICK

Entire sound system is original. Speakers are dry rotted?blown? Would like to replace. Any suggestions?

Are you looking to upgrade or just want stock replacements?

Doug C.

I have 2- 5 1/4 front's and 2- 4x10 rears with hangars. All are Delco CSII's. Not blown and in excellent condition.

Make me an offer If you want the OE speakers. If not, I will post them in the for sale section.:)

Ron

Originally posted by dconnor
Are you looking to upgrade or just want stock replacements?

Doug C.

Good question. At this point, given that the GN is no longer a daily driver and the rest of the car is original, I am leaning toward stock replacements.

Doughboy,

Forgive my lack of reply. I simply don't know what a set of OEM speakers is worth. I assume they are used?

Does your car have the Concert II option with speakers in the door? Dash are 3.5", they can be a bit tricky to get to and you have to be careful with aftermarket speakers. Many of them have a tweeter that sits up above the speaker cone which will interefere with the dash cover sitting flush.

Doors are 5.25" & need to be within ~1/4" of the depth of the stock speakers so you don't have clearance issues. Pioneer is a good choice here IMO, good quality & reasonable price.

Rear deck, 6x9"s are a very easy upgrade with a set of adapter plates, just have to watch for magnet clearance with the trunk lid support bars.

Best suggestion I can give, go to a stereo shop & listen to several different brands & go with what sounds best to you. Look for industry certified installers & stay away from places that seem to push or carry mainly "off-brand" stuff like pyramid, boss, etc...

Doug C.

Originally posted by ONEBADBUICK
Entire sound system is original. Speakers are dry rotted?blown? Would like to replace. Any suggestions?

Since Doughboy offered you the 5.25 and 4 X 10s for sale, I do have the Factory tweets (dash) for sale. They are the originals out of my '86 GN and are used and not blown or damaged. $15.00 shipped to your door in the continental U.S.

Originally posted by dconnor
Does your car have the Concert II option with speakers in the door? Dash are 3.5", they can be a bit tricky to get to and you have to be careful with aftermarket speakers. Many of them have a tweeter that sits up above the speaker cone which will interefere with the dash cover sitting flush.

Doug C.

Doug,
Yes, it is CSII. Thanks for the info about the dash speakers. I have seen some fronts and rears for sale, but don't know if front is door or dash.

Re: Re: Factory speakers

Originally posted by Audiowizard
Since Doughboy offered you the 5.25 and 4 X 10s for sale, I do have the Factory tweets (dash) for sale. They are the originals out of my '86 GN and are used and not blown or damaged. $15.00 shipped to your door in the continental U.S.

Unfortunately, I didn't contact Doughboy soon enough, he has sold the rears. jsta6 on this board is selling front and rear but I don't yet know if they are CSII and if the front is door or dash.
I am interested in your dash speakers, depends on the answer I get from jsta6.

Thanks,
Grace

Re: Re: Re: Factory speakers

Unfortunately, I didn't contact Doughboy soon enough, he has sold the rears. jsta6 on this board is selling front and rear but I don't yet know if they are CSII and if the front is door or dash.
I am interested in your dash speakers, depends on the answer I get from jsta6.

Thanks,
Grace

All CSII options consists of the :

• Dash = tweeters
  • Doors = 5.25 mid
  • Rears = 4 x 10 mid

Fronts can be considered dash and/or doors.

Re: Re: Re: Factory speakers

Unfortunately, I didn't contact Doughboy soon enough, he has sold the rears.

I still have all 4 speakers. People have inquired about them but No payment arangements have been made as of yet. They still are up for grabs. I take pay pal for ease of payment. shoot me an email at ronpike@infostations.com if your still interested.

Ron

ONEBADBUICK, I received your postal m.o. and shipped your tweeters out you. I PM'd your shipping info to you, thanks again for your business! :)