You can type here any text you want

Famous myths

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

DCEPTCN

Smasher-Devourer
While looking at littlesixsteve's thread about Myth Busters I was thinking about how funny it is that alot of these myths spread so far. Local myths are great, too. Any that you've heard that you'd like to contribute?

Mine:

It seems like everybody growing up where I did heard this one a million times in school: There was a girl (usually from some other but nearby school) who was.....'spending some quality time alone' with a frozen hot dog that partially broke off, sending her to the emergency room so someone could get it out of there. That one is so rediculous, I don't know where to start.

Between Longmont and Erie, Colorado there used to be this creepy old house, uninhabited for decades. Going out there late at night as young kids WAS kinda spooky, but you know how kids can't help but embellish.....it was said that that was where the underground cults would go and make crazy sacrifices,etc. Furthermore, this house was referred to as 'The Black House' and everybody (under age 13) swore that it couldn't burn....enerybody had a story about their brother's cousin's room-mate's friend who had tried to burn it down, but it just wouldn't work. (Years later, the volunteer fire dept. up the road used it as practice and torched the thing to the ground.)

....you guys got any folklore (local or otherwise) that you'd like to share?

It wasn't a hot dog, it was a sausage and it wasn't frozen. Her name was Suzan, and she became known as Suzy Sausage, and she wasn't local to you, she was a neighbor of a friend of someone that I went to high school with. Come on, get it right!

Is that what you mean?

Brian

Originally posted by wagon
It wasn't a hot dog, it was a sausage and it wasn't frozen. Her name was Suzan, and she became known as Suzy Sausage, and she wasn't local to you, she was a neighbor of a friend of someone that I went to high school with. Come on, get it right!

Is that what you mean?

Brian
Right on.;)

My sister recently told me about a friend of hers that was in that situation with a hot dog. Very embarrassing for a teen girl in the early 70s to go the the Gman to have the broken of piece removed!

""It wasn't a hot dog, it was a sausage and it wasn't frozen. Her name was Suzan, and she became known as Suzy Sausage, and she wasn't local to you, she was a neighbor of a friend of someone that I went to high school with. Come on, get it right!""

You forgot that she got pregnant and had a kid named "Frank"

:D :D :D

pepsi and pop rocks can kill you?

Coke (soda pop) can be used as a contraceptive?

Don't chew Bubble Yum bubble gum while you sleep......you will wake up with a mouthful of spiders!

I think that was a popular myth in the early eighties.

Originally posted by Grim Reaper
pepsi and pop rocks can kill you?

Coke (soda pop) can be used as a contraceptive?

i was watching the tube tonight and actually saw pepsi advertise with WIENER WORLD the hotdog place-

you may have seen the commercial, kinda dorky good looking chick that nobody is paying attention to cause she is in the hotdog/wiener costume cus she looks like a dorky wiener chik-

anyway that stupid wiener chick sees the pepsi dork dressed in a stupid pepsi can costume across the street and its instant commercial love forever.

what the hell, i know there has to be a WIENER WORLD out there somewhere but we dont have them here-

i saw the same damn wiener world in the collosol 12" hotdog budweiser commercial, and now that stupid pepsi commercial..

i spend too much time looking at details
BW

Yeah...

The guys buddys cousins friends sisters former room mate who has a 10 mile GNX in his garage, and another that runs 10s, but he keeps em locked up! :D

Myths? I have one:

"it's too cold to snow"
yeah, right! Somewhere I have some video of it snowing, along with a thermometer reading 8 below zero! (I'm sure a few of you easterners can back me up on this!)
:)

Originally posted by Quick6'n'-K.C.
i was watching the tube tonight and actually saw pepsi advertise with WIENER WORLD the hotdog place-

you may have seen the commercial, kinda dorky good looking chick that nobody is paying attention to cause she is in the hotdog/wiener costume cus she looks like a dorky wiener chik-

anyway that stupid wiener chick sees the pepsi dork dressed in a stupid pepsi can costume across the street and its instant commercial love forever.

what the hell, i know there has to be a WIENER WORLD out there somewhere but we dont have them here-

i saw the same damn wiener world in the collosol 12" hotdog budweiser commercial, and now that stupid pepsi commercial..

i spend too much time looking at details
BW

that dorky girl is kinda cute though............... :D

Back