You can type here any text you want

Fast B2B and Alky

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TurboJim

JCC Racing Member Forum Tech Advisor
Staff member
Craig/Lance et al:

Putting in a FAST in my car. Planned to use alky as well. How do you suggest I set the FAST up so it doesnt compensate for the alky. Should I set it all up in closed loop, then run open loop with the alky? Can I use the NOS output to trigger ther alky and then is there a setting to not adjust fuel? If using the NOS trigger, should I set NOS enable to OL?

I only intend to use the alky for the street, I'd hate to waste a WB O2 by running leaded fuel ALL the time

I'd hate to waste a WB O2 by running leaded fuel ALL the time

Don't want to sound too dumb here, but I've got friends that have been running the same WB o2 sensor for years with leaded fuel. One of the cars in particular gets some fairly regular street use, and he's never had a problem out of his WB o2. I think it's something like 3 years old at this point. Just an observation.

I don't think you'll hurt it running race fuel. We haven't seen that happen yet. We've seen lots of carbon fouled sensors but never lead fouled ones.

If you want to run the alky setup, do it in open loop. You can still monitor the a/f ratio in open loop but the ECU won't adjust for it if you do it this way. If you have a Buick system, you don't have a functioning nitrous output to trigger the alky. :(

How about the alky eating the O2 sensor...........just myths?:confused:

Back