You can type here any text you want

FAST Datalogger Problem

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

JoyOf6

I didn't test my new FAST Datalogger until getting to BG. The setup includes the same B2B FAST box I've been using for years and the same laptop I've used with the FAST all this time. A new 25' communications cable worked fine for interfacing with the ECU but my laptop will not recognize the Datalogger when plugged into the logger's little harness.

When I download logging parameters to the Datalogger, a prompt asks if I want to erase data in memory. Click Yes, and 2-3 seconds later the message pops up: "Datalogger not found." Cal was good enough to swap in one of his Dataloggers and go through the set-up procedure, and the same thing occurred. The Datalogger harness appears to be fine (continuity checked out) - assuming the pinout of the three wires in the harness is correct. I haven't had a chance to test a shorter cable as per Todd's suggestion. So, reason for posting is to ask if this has hapened with anyone else and what the trick might be.

Art

I had the same problem. Take a part the metal clamp holding all the wires together. When they tightened mine, it grounded out some wires. I was chasing this thing for months, and FAST didn't have a pinout for the puter side.

If you don't have the most recent firmware in the datalogger it probably wont't work. Send it back to fast $40, mine was doing the same until it was upgraded.

Originally posted by Hawaiian Turbo
I had the same problem. Take a part the metal clamp holding all the wires together. When they tightened mine, it grounded out some wires. I was chasing this thing for months, and FAST didn't have a pinout for the puter side.

Thanks, that was it. I removed the little band clamp and the laptop communicated with the logger without a problem, and logging paramenters were downloaded. Logging was also activated with appropriate sensor trigger so the unit functions. (BTW, logger comes with required WP version of CCom).

Art

Back