FAST?? I need some help

MAP #1 Conley's, Setting 1-33kpa,2-47kpa,3-63kpa
MAP #2 GMPARTS, 1-33kpa,2-48kpa,3-64kpa
MAP #3 Ken Moser, 1-33kpa,2-47kpa,3-63kpa

:eek: :eek: :eek: :confused: :confused: :confused:

But your two-bar sensor works OK?

I agree with you wholeheartedly that it is unlikely that 3 people sold you three incorrect MAP sensors. However, I also find it quite unlikely that 3 OOTB MAP sensors are bad. You've stumped me so far.

Hmph.

The 2 bar gives me the 91kpa on a 3 setting.On a 2 setting it goes down to 65kpa and will only go to 7lbs of boost.

Just to make absolute sure (sorry about this!) but you are making these readings with the engine OFF right? I could see you idling with 63 kPa, but that just can't be the local air pressure. All your numbers sound consistent.

John

Yes, key on motor off. FAST online. I think it see's a 1 bar on setting 2 and a 2 bar on setting 3. I have no clue what it see's on setting 1. What ever it is doing I think it is in the FAST, but I have no way to know.

Truely weird. I'm starting to wonder the same thing... might be worth sending your box to them to get it checked out. Do you see the same voltage at the box as you do coming off the sensor? Maybe it's a wiring problem.

John

I checked, I have the correct voltage to the Harness. I don't know what it is at the box. Most of the wires are black, so it would be tough to trace. It is a Precision harness.

Since your sensors seem to put out the right voltage, it's got to be either the wiring or the box...

John

UPDATE

I sent it back to FAST. They found the problem. Something came loose inside the box. Now I just need it back. I don't have their e-mail address. If Graig would contact me I can give him my address. I did leave a message with Lance.

That is on its way back to you. There was a bad trace on the circuit board.

I apologize for seeming so resistive to the concept that there was a problem inside the ECU. This is the first ECU I have seen with an actual problem on the MAP sensor input in over three years.

Please let us know how things are working when you get your ECU back. Sorry for the troubles. :eek:

FAST update again

Got it back today. Used one of my programs I was useing with the 2bar. Car runs great. 86KPA, just what it should be at 4000'. I will drive it tomorrow PM. I race Sunday. thank you Lance and Craig for fixing it for me