You can type here any text you want

FAST - IAC question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

sackracing

Staff member
I broke the wires to my iac at the track last month, shorting out and locking up the ecu. I resoldered the wiring and installed an IAC relocator so it now clears the inlet pipe.
Today I started it up and it acts like the IAC is not working at all still. I know the wiring is correct. My question is, does this need calibration like with the factory ecm, or is it possible that i burnt up the IAC motor? Hopefully I did not damage the ecu. Is this possible also? I hate to start throwing parts at it to find out, and I need to run it next Saturday.
I cracked the throttle plate open to get it to idle for now. Any ideas will be great. Thanks.

It's possible you have a bad IAC, there will be no calibration for the IAC.

You simply set the idle speed vs coolant temp. If it's outside this range the IAC is supposed to bring it back in range. If it's doesn't work at all it's possible the IAC driver in the FAST box is fried.

DEFINATELY the XFI IAC driver is more likely to have failed. I would be prepared to send it in for repair.

it's an old fast b2b, not an xfi, it that makes any difference.

No sure on the old B2B setups.
But the IAC driver in the XFI WILL go bad if you unplug and plug it back in(or wires crossing) with the key on or engine running.

The old fast units use the same type of chip as the gen 6 units, over .5amps and its toast. Should not cost too much to fix.

Fast replaced the IAC chip, the communication chip and one resistor. The communication chip is next to the IAC chip and was heat damaged. They also upgraded the firmware and only charged me 75 bucks for the whole deal. I can't complain about that.

No sure on the old B2B setups.
But the IAC driver in the XFI WILL go bad if you unplug and plug it back in(or wires crossing) with the key on or engine running.

Does anyone know if this is true on the old systems? Not too cool if by chance the IAC plug comes out.

Does anyone know if this is true on the old systems? Not too cool if by chance the IAC plug comes out.

We had a failure of the driver on a old FAST box. Not sure if this is what caused it or not. The box went back and forth a couple times before they actually fixed it.

Something is still not quite right with this one. When I cold start, it dies after a few seconds and I have to pedal it to get it up to temp. I can see the IAC working on the laptop. I replaced the IAC motor also but I am not sure the IAC is the problem now.

Maybe..

Something is still not quite right with this one. When I cold start, it dies after a few seconds and I have to pedal it to get it up to temp. I can see the IAC working on the laptop. I replaced the IAC motor also but I am not sure the IAC is the problem now.

raise the cold start fuel a bit??

Back