FAST install help

turborambler

I have installed a FAST system on my car but not sure I did it right. I followed the directions I had and will start double checking my wire connections. I was looking to see if anyone who lives on the south side of Houston (Dickinson) and has done a FAST install might be willing to help me. I can pay with beer - pizza - cokes - Horse rides : ) etc. I bought the system used so I dont have much of the documentation. I got it all hooked up but it will not even try to fire - just turns over and the fuel pump runs like it should.
The wierd thing is that once I try to start it and turn the key off it thinks the key is still on and continues to get readings from things like the TPS. I am sure I got something powered on the wrong circuit or something. I have a laptop hooked up and it is getting readings from things and can see the TPS voltage change and other readings.

Any help would be cool - I am a total rookie on this system and not the sharpest tool in the shed...:biggrin:

Thanks - Ross

i would also post this in the ECM form. someone will probley walk you threw this.

I just installed mine today so that must make me an expert :p

If you're still getting readings with the key off then you have something wired up incorrectly. If you have one wire messed up, there could be others. Get the documentation from the FAST site and check your connections.

Jim

I have installed a FAST system on my car but not sure I did it right. I followed the directions I had and will start double checking my wire connections. I was looking to see if anyone who lives on the south side of Houston (Dickinson) and has done a FAST install might be willing to help me. I can pay with beer - pizza - cokes - Horse rides : ) etc. I bought the system used so I dont have much of the documentation. I got it all hooked up but it will not even try to fire - just turns over and the fuel pump runs like it should.
The wierd thing is that once I try to start it and turn the key off it thinks the key is still on and continues to get readings from things like the TPS. I am sure I got something powered on the wrong circuit or something. I have a laptop hooked up and it is getting readings from things and can see the TPS voltage change and other readings.

Any help would be cool - I am a total rookie on this system and not the sharpest tool in the shed...:biggrin:

Thanks - Ross
Look up Disco Stu....he's on the board and lives in Bryan College Station....He can DEFINATELY help you! Good luck!

When i get time... : )

I got the guide Chuck - thanks! I will look at this tomorrow and track down where I must have wired something wrong.

Got it to fire - now need a start up file

I got my car to fire over and idle for a sec - but I do not have a start-up program for my setup. I will post to the ECM group and see if someone has something that may get me going.

Problem was: I had used the wrong wire on the injector harness - there was one with pink and black but when I looked real close I needed to use more of a orange/black wire that linked to the correct position on the connector.

It fires up then dies and I looked on the tables for the ECU I am using and it had the wrong injectors so I can't use it. I bought this system used.

Here are some details on my setup if someone happens to have one. :biggrin:

Car Info:

55 lbs Siemens Injectors

PT-51 Precision Turbo

Stock heads

5” single exhaust

3200 stall – turbo 400 tranny with manual valve body

3:73 gear with 28” tall tires

No a/c

No power steering

No power brakes

Running pump gas for now – sometimes use unleaded race fuel

Car weighs 3200 lbs with me in it

No VSS hooked up for now

The software is version 1.02 windows version of the software.

Get a .gct file that you know works and edit the Injector Flow Rate under Fuel Calc Parameters (in the System Configuration menu) down to show 55 lbs.

Jim

I got one that starts and idles for 2 seconds then dies. It had 70lbs injectors in it. I changed that to 55lbs/hr but I thought there were a lot of other things like pulse/width and stuff that also need to match the 55lb injectors.

I got one that starts and idles for 2 seconds then dies. It had 70lbs injectors in it. I changed that to 55lbs/hr but I thought there were a lot of other things like pulse/width and stuff that also need to match the 55lb injectors.

Not that I can see. I can only see where you would adjust the injector opening time. The manual says to leave it at 1.0ms - that's where mine is.

Jim

here are my settings

What size injectors do you have?

See the attachment.

Attachments

• inj settings.JPG
    inj settings.JPG
    29.5 KB · Views: 100
What size injectors do you have?

See the attachment.

I have 60# injectors. I also have 1.0 for the injector opening delay. You have .8, which isn't a huge difference but I would put it up to 1.0 anyway. It's the delay between when the injector opens and when fuel actually begins to flow.

I also have 4 in the revs to run. Taking yours down from 12 might make your problem worse, though.

You should also download the latest software from the FAST site. Your configuration window is different than mine. If you're using a file set up for a newer version of the software that could be a problem, too.

Jim