Fast-N-Furious 4 (GN in it)

wunrc

Will this movie spike the price of Turbo Regals????? What makes it worst is that they destroyed a GN for the movie.

Stop the madness!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :biggrin: can we not talk about this movie anymore??.... just kidding.. but seriously... this movie isnt out and is driving me crazy...lol.....:biggrin:

Seriously though ,Some one already did a thred on this same subject do a search on it... And to answer your question i dont think its going to spike up the sales.. there have been many cars that have came out in movies, and their role in the movies didnt do much for their sales... but seen that i am a owner of a TR i hope the prices sky rocket to 1million dollars.. :biggrin: :eek: :biggrin: then i can sell mine for a cheap price of 800,000....:biggrin: :biggrin:

It would be nice if the value goes up, but IMO the only thing going up will be the theft rate. Oh and I found the correct smilie!

Attachments

• beatdeadhorse5.gif
    beatdeadhorse5.gif
    8.7 KB · Views: 567
It would be nice if the value goes up, but IMO the only thing going up will be the theft rate. Oh and I found the correct smilie!

LOL.. exactly.. this movie isnt out yet.. and with so many people here on the board constanlty talking about it.. im not even eager to seeing it anymore..:eek: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Well with all the people sick and tired of talking about, guess I wont post where you can download the unfinished prerelease version ;)

have to defer to Pickard

Attachments

• picard-not this .jpg
    picard-not this .jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 542
Well with all the people sick and tired of talking about, guess I wont post where you can download the unfinished prerelease version ;)

Spill it buddy:D I'm not wasting the gas money and a price for a ticket to see it, BUT I will pirate it of the internet if possible:D :D :D

Ok its in progress

Had a kid come over here today & look @ my car, He stated he wanted 1 b4 the Fast & Furious movie came out..

He was shocked that I had 3, Then I had to explain the diff. between A
GN & TR.. anywho I took him for a ride & he was like damn man this car is crazy ,

Anyway me being the nice guy I am I told him to find something mostly stock its easier to start tht way. & I did'nt think my car would be a good car for him.

oh yeah he likes the body on the 86's better then the 87's LMFAO

kirbans 2 cents worth:

Our company supplied some of the parts last summer for the 6 GNs they built for the movie. This movie has had a larger budget than the previous one did. From what I read they used about 240 cars. Most of the Buicks where turbo V6 powered however, a few were V8 Chevy powered. They did mount one GN backwards on a frame.

By now most of the cars of interest have probably been auctioned off as we heard from one shop in Tennessee needing parts for that a museum bought for display. Most of the Regals were just that Regals made to look like GNXs etc.

Most of the parts they bought from us were GNX style parts. Whether you like the premise of the movie or not, more than likely it will cause an uptick in values of the real cars. Any shot in the arm this Spring is a good thing based on the current ecomony.

Who would have figured 15 years ago or better that collectors would be making Dukes of Hazard cars....or that Ford would duplicate the Steve McQueen Mustang from Bullet.

The bottom line is, the movie will make money and at least they (movie producers) were smart enough to include the Grand National/GNX.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Have owned quite a few Turbo Regals in years' past

So will the value of 70 Chevelles go up? How about 70-73 Camaros? As the movie also has one of each in it.

I tend to think there will be a rash of GN emblems being chiseled off with scrapers.....:mad:

Kirban again I can see where we will be beating a dead horse on my above comments while I agree in part about the movie being geared to a younger set any coverage is good coverage. Keeps the car fresh in peoples mind. As far as Camaros and Chevelles they enjoy tremendous popularity without being on TV or movies and have a far longer track record in the publics eye.

Looking at it from a business stand point it is a plus. The Buick is one of the featured cars and whatever got auctioned off is now or will be in museums.
Time will tell. I am sure after American Graffitti was filmed the 1955 Chevy and the yellow coupe were practically given away although the 55 Chevy later appeared in Two Lane Black top. I am sure both of those cars are quite valuable today and back then it was the younger set that went to that movie.

Its a finicky industry.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com