FAST oil/fuel pressure logger intall?

rpk250

Looking at the adaptor harness that is supposed to go between the pressure sensors and the unused EGR plug.
First of all, I'm guessing the EGR plug in question is the one the driver side, close to the coil pack wiring. This plug is female and has four wires and one slot on the bottom of the plug to guide it into the male connector. The problem that I'm seeing is that the FAST adaptor harness, male connector, has two prongs inside the connector that will not allow it to connect to the single slot on the EGR plug. Anybody else have this problem or am I looking at the wrong connector?

it should plug in to the 4 wire EGR plug , maybe you have it upside down
also dont forget to change the jumpers in the casper adapter box

I had this problem. I just trimmed the connector tab and called it a day.

Thanks. That was gonna be my plan. Must be multiple EGR solenoid plugs floating around. Looking at Caspers replacement EGR solenoid splice. It looks like it does have the two necessary slots.

Ya one of my cars the adapter plugged right in. One my later built car 10/87 it needed to be trimmed

That style 4-way Metripack connector is produced in a few different keying configurations. The keying you're referring to is put in on one part number and we have gotten them in mixed shipments from the supplier.

Those keys can be twisted out with a small pair of needle nose pliers.

We have seen the same thing happen with Weatherpack connectors, where the connector is the right color but the key slots are arranged differently. They're supposed to be different part numbers but we have found them mixed in the same shipment when we get them in. PITA and hard to spot when in production.