You can type here any text you want

FAST wiring questions

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Tony sy2356

Hey all fast gurus, I have a few questions.

I'm installing a FAST system for a freind of mine. It is a used setup he bought with an adapter harness for a TR.

Now most stuff is pretty obvious within the harness. I'm wondering what to do for the MAP sensor.

Do you just use the wires for the MAF sensor and install the correct connector for a MAP?

Also what about fuel pump controls?

I'm in the process of getting a pinout chart for the FAST ecu so I'll be able to trace it out the hard way, just thought someone would know off hand.

Thanks in advance everyone,

Tony

fast

lemme see if i rembember right

map sensor.......under the glove box is a wiring connector with foam around it the green wire goes to the map sensor you dont use the maf sensor wireing

fuel pump should be taken care of when you plug in the adapter harness

shawn

Thanks,

Okay another question,

Where does the stock MAP get it's 5v and ground from? I thought it was the cluster. I'd like to keep all the sensor and modules on the same levels to avoid problems.

Guess I'll just go through the entire deal and make sure it's wired the way I'd like it.

The guy who owned the car previously hacked out alot of the wiring in a very scarey way. Going to have to weed out all the built in gremlins.

Be prepare for more questions in the near future guys. :)

Tony

map

if the in dash boost guage is working than you have the 5v and grnd source but if not you can use the tps as it is the same if i rembember right

Could someone elaborate on the wiring mods at this foam covered connector, Cal explained me but I lost my notes
Thanks,
Jim

This what you need?

Jumper pin A (Lt Green) to ecm pin B6 (Signal)
Jumper pin B (Gray) to ecm pin C14 (5 volt Ref)
Jumper pin G (Black w/white) to ecm pin D1 (Ground)

be sure to rewire the map sensor ground and 5volt reference from the tps and just run a new reference wire tot he ecm harness. The 5 volt power supply for the map sensor on a GN comes from the dash mounted tach/boost gauge. well over time the power supply there gets screwy and cause some problems. I ran in toi this on my car with just hooking up the reference wire up under the dash like those guys up above said to do. i was watching the kpa change while the engine was off and come to find out the 5 volt wire was dropping in voltage. well a drop in input voltage means a drop in output voltage and can really screw with the tune/drivablity.

Back