You can type here any text you want

FAST XFI in Hot Rod!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Nick Micale

Tech Advisor
Staff member
The recent, May issue, of Hot Rod mag has an article on the FAST XFI system. It does a good job in summarizing the new features and highlights of this new system.

The ability to handle up to 8 analog inputs for data recording is a big plus in my opinion. As my XFI installation "evolves", I plan to add driveshaft speed , oil pressure and fuel pressure sensors to record these items for each run.

Hot Rod also has a section in this same issue titled "How To Buy EFI". In there it shows the FAST system also and mentions prices start at $1000! This must be for the current units as that shows how popular EFI now is becoming for the masses.

The xfi is only $1000? Thats pretty cheap!

I would think its the xfi box, if its an article on the xfi?

thats not the XFI price. maybe that was for a base SEFI8LO (original) box they were talking about ?

The new XFI boxes with WBO2, U-harness, injector harness, should come in around 2100.00. That's based on a conversation I had last week with Jay R. from FAST. He also informed me the encasements were in house and boxes were being assembled. I also was told the absolute last target date to begin shipping product was April 15th. Now , again, this is right from the horses mouth, whether it actually happens we will see come the 15th if i have boxes in my hand......... sheeeeeeit happens. ;) maybe sooner maybe later. There are still Buick harnesses on the drawing board, yet to be available from FAST.

As for the previous FAST boxes, depending on what you want for add ons, Bank 2 Bank with WBO2, software and comm cable is definitely not 1,000.00, I would have to say, it is more like 1300 - 1400 dollars and that doesnot include a buick adapter harness. Now if you removed the WBO2 sensor, a 1,000 dollars may be more accurate. But then, that would be like trying to start your motor without a coil pack and module. ;)

Thank you for the pricing, Jack is always on top of everthing!

Originally posted by JCotton
............... There are still Buick harnesses on the drawing board, yet to be available from FAST. .......... ;)

My XFI harness came directly from FAST as it is the first Buick stand-alone one. Cal Hartline and Lance Ward supplied directions and wiring info to help me get it installed. This should give them the info needed for their documentation to start production.

Cal will also be here shortly to refine the program when we go to the dyno for further testing. Car sould be ready for some track testing next weekend.

Originally posted by JCotton
The new XFI boxes with WBO2, U-harness, injector harness, should come in around 2100.00. That's based on a conversation I had last week with Jay R. from FAST. He also informed me the encasements were in house and boxes were being assembled. I also was told the absolute last target date to begin shipping product was April 15th. Now , again, this is right from the horses mouth, whether it actually happens we will see come the 15th if i have boxes in my hand......... sheeeeeeit happens. ;) maybe sooner maybe later. There are still Buick harnesses on the drawing board, yet to be available from FAST.

Jacks info is correct, I was olso told of a price of about 2149.00 but we don't have final pricing in writing yet. The harnesses are modular, They will have different ign., injector harnesses that will plug up to different applications so I'm told.

I have Buick adapter harnesses for the XFI & Big Stuff 3 in stock now if anybody is interested.

Berrel Auto Repair, Inc.
1836 York Rd.
Abington, PA 19001
(215)659-8549, (215) 659-9907, fax (215) 659-7819
www.injection-connection.com

As for the previous FAST boxes, depending on what you want for add ons, Bank 2 Bank with WBO2, software and comm cable is definitely not 1,000.00, I would have to say, it is more like 1300 - 1400 dollars and that doesnot include a buick adapter harness. Now if you removed the WBO2 sensor, a 1,000 dollars may be more accurate. But then, that would be like trying to start your motor without a coil pack and module. ;) [/B]

Trying to start the car without a coil pack and module would work if you had a distributer, and I know not everybody needs a WB02 to run fast. But I do see your point about needing the WB02 to start and tune a car. ;)

Originally posted by baadgn
Trying to start the car without a coil pack and module would work if you had a distributer, and I know not everybody needs a WB02 to run fast. But I do see your point about needing the WB02 to start and tune a car. ;)
:D

So, Otto what is your impression of the XFI?

I really have not had a good chance to test it as i had to pull one of my heads to have it repaired,Ill have it back on wed though and hopefully play on the dyno this weekend.My drivabilty stuff is all perfect but i have not had a chance to do WOT tuning yet.But i have set up the scaling to benefit me in the 5000+ range in 200rpm increments with the Boost scaling in the 1 # increments from 22#s up

Back