You can type here any text you want

fast xim install help

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

cooled85T

Empty Pockets
Bought a used xim setup off a board member. The harness I got has I think an LS style crank sensor plug with 2 wires(yellow and black). Using a factory crank sensor that has 3 leads(green black and white). Any idea how to splice these together? Also the harness has a cam hall effect plug(3 wires and one looped wire that jumps 2 terminals together) but the xfi doesnt have this plug. What leads for the xfi would I splice these into. Sorry I've tried to figure this out but my electrical skills are not very sharp so any help would be appreciated. Thanks

The crank sensor was a two wire IPU pick up or better known as a flying magnet crank trigger. The Factory sensor is a three wire Hall Effect and is completely different. The wiring should be there to use a hall effect with the XFI/XIM box, I would call FAST Tech support and they should be able to walk you through this and I dont believe it is difficult. I believe you have to change the pins on the XFI box for the type of crank trigger you are using? I'm a Gen 7 guy so this is just a dropbox box in the software for me!

Also you may need to add a resistor to the crank sensor wire. I believe the new harnesses are being built with the resistor already. I would call Hartline or Caspers to find out what wire and resistor. My car did not need one but the crank sensor wires were run independent of everything else FAR away from the alternator and heavily shielded.

If I can help feel free to get in touch with me.
Thanks

Appreciate the input. I did call fast and they helped me out. Little bit of a wiring project but I think I have it figured out. Thanks again

I think I have all the wiring together except the CAN link. I had no CAN link plugs coming out of my xfi harness so I had to make my own. I am reading that the one set should be plugged together and the other is supposed to be capped with resistor caps. I don't have these caps or the plugs that they would go into. Is there any way I could just wire in a regular resistor? What ohm resistor would I use

Back