Fastest drag radial pass in history 4.19!!

Its called Jacobs Traction Control.

Actually no traction control at all. If traction control is functioning it means the car is spinning.......spinning slows you down. To run this fast without wheelie bars is called proper weight distribution. Over 55% of weight on the nose without the functional zoomie type headers. The headers will add over 100# to the nose of the car as it builds rpm down track.

Actually no traction control at all. If traction control is functioning it means the car is spinning.......spinning slows you down. To run this fast without wheelie bars is called proper weight distribution. Over 55% of weight on the nose without the functional zoomie type headers. The headers will add over 100# to the nose of the car as it builds rpm down track.

So you're saying there is no traction control on that car? No MSD or Jacobs or any other traction controls?

So you're saying there is no traction control on that car? No MSD or Jacobs or any other traction controls?

That's correct. Davis traction control is the benchmark in traction control for the fastest cars. This car has none of the above. People often think traction control makes a car faster but the opposite is true. It will possibly save a pass if the track conditions go away but it will not make a car faster. You can't take a car with a terrible suspension and make it fast with traction control. You put as much power as you can in a tune-up and then tune the suspension to make the chassis work.

If I load a tune up in a car that should run 4.60 but the track temp shoots to 140 degrees, traction control may catch the tire spin and produce a 4.72. It will not make it run faster.

its2qik might have been referring to street racing, that's why he questioned it having no traction control...

That's correct. Davis traction control is the benchmark in traction control for the fastest cars. This car has none of the above. People often think traction control makes a car faster but the opposite is true. It will possibly save a pass if the track conditions go away but it will not make a car faster. You can't take a car with a terrible suspension and make it fast with traction control. You put as much power as you can in a tune-up and then tune the suspension to make the chassis work.

If I load a tune up in a car that should run 4.60 but the track temp shoots to 140 degrees, traction control may catch the tire spin and produce a 4.72. It will not make it run faster.

I know how traction control works. And, I never said you can take a car with terrible suspension and make it fast with TC... I have a small block twin turbo Mustang that has been faster in the 1/8 than you're big block car (on a 28inch tall 325 Mickey), so I know what it takes to make a suspension work.

Are you gonna sit here and tell us that this car doesn't have something like this on it? http://www.msdignition.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10690

Even a 7531 box has Slew Rate on it, which is effectively a traction control device.

I know how traction control works. And, I never said you can take a car with terrible suspension and make it fast with TC... I have a small block twin turbo Mustang that has been faster in the 1/8 than you're big block car (on a 28inch tall 325 Mickey), so I know what it takes to make a suspension work.

Are you gonna sit here and tell us that this car doesn't have something like this on it? http://www.msdignition.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10690

Even a 7531 box has Slew Rate on it, which is effectively a traction control device.

Evidently you don't know how traction control works or you would know a slew rate like a 7531 isn't traction control. Most of the ecm's now days have a slew type function but none of it is traction control unless it watches for tire spin then modifies the power curve to compensate. Traction control is reactive, slew rate is proactive and is set by the tuner before making a pass. Slew rate only limits the rpm vs time of the engine. Traction control is a device that watches tire speed and cut's timing or cylinders to control wheel spin. Sure, you can hook a speed sensor to a wheel and use an additional 7531 box's slew rate controller as traction control but this car has none of the above. I should know. I'm one of the few that gets to look over his data.

What makes you think it has some sort of traction control on it? Were you there watching the suspension and shock changes being made to get this thing down the track?

Evidently you don't know how traction control works or you would know a slew rate like a 7531 isn't traction control. Most of the ecm's now days have a slew type function but none of it is traction control unless it watches for tire spin then modifies the power curve to compensate. Traction control is reactive, slew rate is proactive and is set by the tuner before making a pass. Slew rate only limits the rpm vs time of the engine. Traction control is a device that watches tire speed and cut's timing or cylinders to control wheel spin. Sure, you can hook a speed sensor to a wheel and use an additional 7531 box's slew rate controller as traction control but this car has none of the above. I should know. I'm one of the few that gets to look over his data.

What makes you think it has some sort of traction control on it? Were you there watching the suspension and shock changes being made to get this thing down the track?

I'm happy for your times with your twin turbo car. Where are you located? My car only ran 4.80's on low boost with an 8 point street car roll cage. It's 25.3 now and will be ready for more power. I'll be glad to let you get in the other lane and show me how it's done. 28's or 315's, don't matter to me.

I'm happy for your times with your twin turbo car. Where are you located? My car only ran 4.80's on low boost with an 8 point street car roll cage. It's 25.3 now and will be ready for more power. I'll be glad to let you get in the other lane and show me how it's done. 28's or 315's, don't matter to me.

Bring it to Detroit this summer. Same tire and no bars and u got a race. ps. That's bs about the traction control. Have nice day.

its2qik said:
Bring it to Detroit this summer. Same tire and no bars and u got a race. ps. That's bs about the traction control. Have nice day.

Why do you think he is running traction control?