You can type here any text you want

Fastest Hyper Pistons you know of.......

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

getchasum

MISSING 2 CYLINDERS???
What's the fastest Buick v6 production engine you know of that is running hyper pistons???

I ran 11.80's 116mph with a stock head stock cam motor with hypers. Motor lived and is still fine.

The fastest 3800 powered car in the world was running factory pistons for a long time. Over 150mph at around 3400 lbs. No detonation no problem

ran 11.34's @117mph 1.76 60ft . I sold the shortblock to board member "beachbum" and he is still flogging it every weekend at the track for the last 2 seasons . I had the pistons Cryo treated , don't know or can prove if it makes a difference .:)

Thanks all the same but saw that before....I want to see the numbers.
But on a side note they seem to live better when being sprayed w/ alky.

My bad bro. :redface:
If you were interested in "slowest", I could give you some solid numbers. ;)

My bad bro. :redface:
If you were interested in "slowest", I could give you some solid numbers. ;)

All good dude, sorry about the way that came out. The link was a great refresher. :smile: didn't mean for it to come out like that.

Just I'd like to see and hear all the numbers on how far they been pushed. I'm doing a budget 4.1 & using them.

my friends car went 10 60s with hypers in a 4.1 block..... I think the motor is still alive in a different car but Im not sure..... he stepped up to a fully built stroker 4.1 :)

hth

I've been 7.67 in the 1/8th at 93mph with 28" slicks on hypers. If I ever get a chance to go back I plan on going faster than that. I don't have a 1/4 mile track close so I can't give you those numbers.

piston

I ran 7.06 1/8 at 98 with a 1.56- 60ft and plan on going 6.70 next time same piston and a stock block with no main cap just rod bolt

If your talking rwd reed0380 went 125-128mph at 3700+lbs for many passes till he got greedy and leaned out. I made several 10 sec passes in the car myself. 3.830 hyoer pistons. Imo they are not ideal since they will hold more heat in the combustion chamber vs a eutectic and will tolerate less timing. They will not tolerate any detonation over 500hp either.

Thanks all the same but saw that before....I want to see the numbers.
But on a side note they seem to live better when being sprayed w/ alky.

They live even better on a diet of c16. Imo nothing is better insurance than vp import, c16, or q16. Reportedly the 3.8 design is much better than the 4.1's but i have no proof myself

... Imo they are not ideal since they will hold more heat in the combustion chamber vs a eutectic ...

Could you elaborate on that? I thought the OP was talking about hyper-eutectic pistons. I know that hypers and cast pistons are cast and that the hyper-eutectic has more silicon (if I remember right) in them but is there another type of eutectic piston commonly being used?

piston

4.1 motor the only way -I have had bad luck with 3.8 -I spend 1600.00 dollar on a short block 3.8 kick rod out with only a 100-mile on motor- I spend 450.00 on this 4.1 and I cant brake it -I have a new 3.8 on the stand now I hope it live- I have spend 5000.00 if it go I will never try a 3.8 again

Could you elaborate on that? I thought the OP was talking about hyper-eutectic pistons. I know that hypers and cast pistons are cast and that the hyper-eutectic has more silicon (if I remember right) in them but is there another type of eutectic piston commonly being used?
Factory is cast eutectic. Hypers are cast also and have 11% or more silicon which makes them expand less, have a higher melting point but are more brittle.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypereutectic_piston

Back