Fastest Pump Gas / Alky Cars (updated 10.07.18)

Thanks man! I can't wait to get back and see whats left in it. Still some track days left, should be nice and crisp. You should have some nice track weather down your way too.

Good luck keep us posted!!!

Hope to get her back out soon and see what she will DO!!

I am protesting that run ...

I think you snuck into Patricks trailer and used some of the Broughtons Performance Special ALKY and then siphoned Don Cruz' fuel tank to fill yours ....
LMAO
Bryan

NOT...........ME!!!!

Just gonna leave this here. Best pass of the day. Baby soft tune up in the car too, 22psi, pig rich, no timing, 4psi launch on used M&H DRs. Not bad.

Another slow 10 sec car.....( Iron / 250 / 6262BB /3600 / XFI / 200-4RLU ) 10.54 @ 129mph

Now have 6466BB and Vig. NLU but only have 1/8 mile times on this setup....

Hey Murph just wanna publicly congratulate you bud! And happy thanksgiving to all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Next SUNDAY have a local track rental, perfect weather here hoping for new PB.....will keep u'all posted!!!

this thread has been quiet .. lets wake it up !!
finally got the 87ttop GN to the track .
another one in the 9s for the lists
combo is a little over kill for tonights times but was built for much faster ...
109 +30 2 center mains, JE's, scat rods, china 3.40 crank, BHJ int, cat flywheel
gn1 8bolt converted by Tom to 14bolt /jesel 1.65, custom valves 1.60/1.90 , 1.92" spring height, isky dual springs (258/551) , crower solids, 224 billet roller Bison spec'd and installed, .625" with 1.65's), dual noz Razor alky , early brown cover, Cotton fmic , champion race manifold Tom port matched to heads .. dual fed -6an's in /out , 70mm accufab, rjc pulleys , champion alt bracket ,TAperf 4 bolt headers , pw46 msbc-1 w/co2 , 3.5" gn1perf downpipe , houston 2.75 dual exhaust ,magnaflows ,th400 griner brake (turbobitt assembled ), CSR shield Dusty PTC 9.5 20blade , Strange 3.5" 1350 shaft w/billet trans yoke and ends , moser 9" 35 spline nodular case , spool , billet pinion, 3.50 gears , wolfe swaybar and arms ,HR frame braces ,ridetech adj coilovers ,trunk mtd battery with flaming river remote cutoff . front suspension has trz 1.5" cm spindles , strange front discs , spohn lowers , tube uppers, ridetech adj coilovers.
weight loss stuff ... glass bumpers -hartline hood -Vfn decklid, full cage certified to 7.50

i got some test runs last October at a track rental and it had a shake to it then so i didnt turn it up past 20psi and only went 130mph with a 72P turbonetics, no grip with 1.55 60s spinning well through 1st gear,then a map sensor failure ended the day (xfi and alky were caput)

first pass this year with many changes since then , pulled the 72P and setup a 71hpq with a 4 bolt 81 housing that i changed ffroma 3"to a 3.5" vband flange , 15x10-15x6 alumastars, 275 mickey pros / 15x6 mickey SR's , ic relocate setup, fuel cell w/weldon pump, tr6. trimmed some weight ... kirkey pro driver seat , strange discs in rear, ac deleted , deka battery, trz rack n pinion , cm trans xmember , frame notch to tuck in the 5" backspace 10" alumastars , and some other stuff

was just looking for a test pass tonight to feel the car out so only planned to run the 1/8th ,
didnt touch the msbc-1 boost controller .. launch set at 2psi run at 14psi (+spring) and forgot what spring i had in gate so i wasnt going to mess with it
felt a little uneasy coming to the line not knowing what to expect
forgot to start the log on laptop with space bar , knock gauge was quiet , didnt trip the internal logger so no data .. didnt even look at boost gauge
only data was the time slip
1.43 soft launch slipped a little ..
6.29 110.73
10.46 @90mph ..... hit brakes hard after 1/8

so i went back for another pass with everything the same as the first run so i could get the data . figured it should be a low 10.0 so i was going to stay in it
1.475 ..
6.305 @ 111.76
9.829 @ 139.04

review of the log..
slipped back off the pedal on the hit and it had to pull back up from a tps at 21%, boost at 1.8psi @3700 and A/F dropped to 9.13 getting back up on the tps, if all that going on that wasnt bad enough to hurt the 60' ..the tps dropping to 21% also took the boost controller out of wastegate mode and when that happens the unit turns off solenoids vent it takes a second or so to recover and then it would come back on in stage 1 not off launch mode..so no timer stages but 1st stage ramp would function . and murpster pointed out that my boost rise slowed at the top ,I reviewing the msbc-1 settings i found that i had a ramp on the first stage :confused: the ramp was set at 17 , its a two stage ramp what that does is for the first 70% of target boost it can rise at 40psi per sec but the last 30% is held back to 2psi per second .
this is why you log so you see what isnt easily apparent ..this thing is going to be mean with a clean hit.

20deg timing
af 10.6-10.8
injectors at 62-63%
alky 125 psi
air temp in intake 61 Deg F very steady after 1st gear through entire run
base fp 45, running FP 65 steady
bat 14.2 no v-booster ,hotwired the xfi, 200A powermaster
shifted 1-2 5950, 2-3 5900 trapped 6050
converter slip is only at 5.0% with 666 hp to the wheels
running boost was only 20.6psi !!

i also spent some time over the last week getting some weight out of murphster's T type . he was there tonight and shot a video of the run (looks slow to me)
he also came along to put his Ttype on the scales .. maybe he will post the results , may need to tie it down during a storm so it doesnt blow away . its over 100# lighter than my ttop with him in it !
have a feeling when he gets down the track even without turning it up any from his last passes no one is going to believe the slip

Attachments

• 0507150909.jpg
    0507150909.jpg
    521.3 KB · Views: 200
Last edited: