Fastest times with lockup TC

That crowd like to see who can run the fastest with the least amount of money.
Not much different with this crowd except along with the least amount of money spent they want it to run 9's on 93/alky and last forever and then want to be able to blame someone when it breaks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a 10"lock up PTC in my car before the trans went. Had a lot of slip. I bought one of huseks lock ups. I like it. Pulls much harder all through the rpm ranges and drivability is much better also. Husek has had a few customers run the converter. Might be worth giving him call and dusty too and see what they have to offer.

I had a 10"lock up PTC in my car before the trans went. Had a lot of slip. I bought one of huseks lock ups. I like it. Pulls much harder all through the rpm ranges and drivability is much better also. Husek has had a few customers run the converter. Might be worth giving him call and dusty too and see what they have to offer.

What's your slip percentage with Daves convertor? Your MPH and ET?

No idea. Closest track is an hour away. I know a few mid 10 sec cars have been tested. A phone call to Dave will give you the info you need.

The 3200s are very loose and drive like crap. The 2800 is a very good converter and drives stock. The 20blade 9.5 that stalls over 4000rpm I have in my car drives better than a 3200 10"

Sent from my SCH-I200 using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

The 3200s are very loose and drive like crap. The 2800 is a very good converter and drives stock. The 20blade 9.5 that stalls over 4000rpm I have in my car drives better than a 3200 10"

Yep. A lot will still ask for a 3200. My 3200 is a true 3200 where the 3200's years ago were really 2500-2800 stalls. People have those old stall numbers stuck in their heads and its hard for everyone to get away from them. That's why I never suggest anything looser than 2800-3000, a Buick doesn't need anything that loose.

I could post logs of my car with a 118mm turbo and it still builds boost at 2800-3000 rpm. In the old days we would have been told I need a 6500 stall. Lol.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Can't speak for the PTC but I went from a Pat's 3000 to Dave's 3250.

Street manners are 100% better. Drives like a stock car until you mash the gas. I have run high stall converters in the past on 600+ HP applications and Dave's impresses me.

Same tune and I picked up 7 tenth's and 9 mph with a slower 60 dues to track conditions. I can't wait to put some real power to this converter.

With 23 pounds of boost in the non stroker motor I figured I was around 4% slip in 3rd over 100 mph. I gained over 10 mph at 100 mph + and only climbed 150 rpm. I'm sure it will bend over a little more with the stroker but if I stay in that ball park I'll be happy.

Give Dave a call.

If I can ever get the boost to stop spiking when I go wot I'm gonna borrow a pair of slicks and pour the coals to it.

Street manners are 100% better. Drives like a stock car until you mash the gas. I have run high stall converters in the past on 600+ HP applications and Dave's impresses me.

Same tune and I picked up 7 tenth's and 9 mph with a slower 60 dues to track conditions. I can't wait to put some real power to this converter.

With 23 pounds of boost in the non stroker motor I figured I was around 4% slip in 3rd over 100 mph. I gained over 10 mph at 100 mph + and only climbed 150 rpm. I'm sure it will bend over a little more with the stroker but if I stay in that ball park I'll be happy.

Give Dave a call.

That is a very good converter you have , there has been a lot of R/D in what you got from Dave.

We now have the ability to run a L/U with a 3,500 stall that drives like a stocker under D/D and then go to the track and have it perform better than the hallowed PTC that everyone likes to tout as the best thing since sliced bread. You get more converter for your money with Daves versus what the PTC costs.

The slip on these converters is higher than what you stated but you're not that far off.

I tried to get this info out there a year ago and got jumped on for going against the grain. As more of these converters get out there and more people report back how good they are maybe the PTC crowd will get envious and try one and realize there is a converter out there that not only competes but actually outperforms the PTC in many areas.

There are a lot of great converters out there. Vigilante, Yank, Circle D, Pro-Torque, TCI....however there is no such thing as a 3500 stall that drives like a stock converter.

At what boost are you seeing 3500 since you have data? Once you learn what stall speed is on a turbo converter you will understand why they don't have stall speeds.

The Vigilante multi-disc has been faster than any other lock-up.

The more power a car makes, the more a converter slips. A car running 110mph in the traps may have 4% slip, same car and converter at 120 may be 10%. That's just how they work.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

All I can say is if it performs better than a PTC then they had the wrong PTC in the car. My 20 blade does everything great from street driving to the track with 1100+hp and with an engine that makes more power off boost than probably 99% of the cars on the board do off boost. It has been atleast a year. Where are these numbers to back up the shit talk. I am not knocking Daves converters. I am sure they work great. But to say they will out perform a PTC 9.5 is crazy. They might work fine on a 10 sec combo, but lets see them in a 9 or 8 sec combo.

I have no dog in this fight and am looking into Daves LU. Robzombie, I personally realy appreciate your sharing and passion but there really was no need for some of the comments. Dave is very knowledgable and has earned the reputation for great service. If he cares enough, he may decide to provide some specific data that I would love to see. Not that I don't believe the stories, but i make decisions largely on data, and to some extend, dont care about cost if its right for my goals.

As far as comparing converters . . . . It all comes down to goals and combo.

OP, I have the same question but looking to do it unlocked with a LU . . . . .

Give Dave a call.
My buddy has a 10" PTC and slip is excessive. This is not the fault of the converter. It was a selection problem imo, but he wont listen. LOL. That converter would work good on a car that had larger than stock cam to rev it.

As far as Pats . . . If the converter was sold as 3000 stall, it is rated at 5 psi. A newer technology 3250 @ 0/0 should and will be night and day difference.

The same Pats will be a great converter for a stock cammed small turbo setup.

I look at data. ET, MPH, and slip percentage are key factors.
Most of us do.
It is almost unfair to compare as Joe Blow may say . . . Get this because my car did this . . . You put it in your car and combo and it sucks. . . . . Lol

I am not interested in spending 3 years dialing it in. LOL Frankly, this is what some guys have done to go fast . . . I do not ever underestimate the time and effort it took for some to run fast.

All I can say is if it performs better than a PTC then they had the wrong PTC in the car. My 20 blade does everything great from street driving to the track with 1100+hp and with an engine that makes more power off boost than probably 99% of the cars on the board do off boost. It has been atleast a year. Where are these numbers to back up the shit talk. I am not knocking Daves converters. I am sure they work great. But to say they will out perform a PTC 9.5 is crazy. They might work fine on a 10 sec combo, but lets see them in a 9 or 8 sec combo.

There are plenty of PTC converters out there that didn't go through me. Some people will call PTC direct. Some will go through other vendors who buy direct from PTC rather than going through me and some vendors have their own spec converter they prefer but I don't deal with. There are also plenty of them out there that are built looser than I prefer because guys are still hung up on those old stall numbers where they feel they need a so called 3200 or 3400 stall.

heres a screen shot of dusty 19blade 9.5 NL he chose based on my combo , a little iron head 234cu 71hpq .85exh housing on transbrake

note rpm at 0 psi , 5.0 psi its at 3750

ptc 19blade 71hpq 234cu.png

Last edited:
Well with a Art Carr no lock I trapped 126 best, My turbo is a 66 and it is street form, Pump gas and meth spray, Changing nothing but the converter I went with a PTC 5 disc lock up and had it lock up at 126, The car then trapped the best of 131