Fastest TTA

what a waste of a tta:frown: why not just take a firebird or a regular ta and do the same thing?

what a waste of a tta:frown: why not just take a firebird or a regular ta and do the same thing?

I have a customer who did just that. His is a twin turbo BBC that runs 6.7's@227 on 10.5's. It no longer resembles a real TTA since he painted it yellow.

I think there are a few reasons..

One.. the money you get from selling off low mile parts is huge. So you can pretty much get a free car. Second you start with a nicer car. I mean your going to drop 100K+ into a project, why start out with a roach.

And in the game of things, it is his car to do as he pleases.

Whats worse.. a car sits in a garaje somewhere never driven, used, rotting away. At least they are getting some enjoyment from it.

We all will die someday. Toys kept in the closet mean nothing :D

Steve & Rob Crisafulli's TTA has gone a best 4.38 @ 177 and a 1.12 60ft if I recall. It's a big inch small block Chevy. Skinny Kid built the chassis back in 2005...updates and current chassis work is all done by Gilsbach Racecraft.

vids from Yellow Bullet Nationals

10.5 Qualifying
YouTube - YB Outlaw 10 5 Qual

10.5 Eliminations
YouTube - YB 10 5 E

-Scott

WOW. I'm a little late to see this. But that is awesome its running well. Last time I saw Robert and Steven was when they first got the new rig driving through town.

FWIW, Robert's TTA was a 6K mile "race" car. It went 10's with the V6 many, many years ago and was parked in the garage forever. Used to see it over Steven's house.

Anyway, miss hanging around over there. Lots of knowledge with those two and great guys also.

Whats worse.. a car sits in a garaje somewhere never driven, used, rotting away. At least they are getting some enjoyment from it.

X2 !!! :p I remember drooling over his Limited T !!! He has done some awesome cars !!!!

I remember the Limited back at Bristol in like 03/04.. that car was awesome.. ran low 10's on a 235/60 15 BFG drag radial.

Is it me or that vette uses the frame for the piping. Looks like both turbo's blow through the end of the frame.. Unless i'm looking at things wrong.

The Regal ended up going 9's when they swapped to a different tire. They did that when I still lived up there 3 years ago.

I think there are a few reasons..

One.. the money you get from selling off low mile parts is huge. So you can pretty much get a free car. Second you start with a nicer car. I mean your going to drop 100K+ into a project, why start out with a roach.

And in the game of things, it is his car to do as he pleases.

i love this post !! :D

I remember the Limited back at Bristol in like 03/04.. that car was awesome.. ran low 10's on a 235/60 15 BFG drag radial.

Is it me or that vette uses the frame for the piping. Looks like both turbo's blow through the end of the frame.. Unless i'm looking at things wrong.

Nope, you are correct. I was in Skinny's shop when they were building that vette. The fabricator on that job is a good friend of mine and he invited me over one day to check it out. Its a work of art, to say the least.