You can type here any text you want

Feel Pro 1200's

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

dvernst

Just wondering how many on here have ported their stock intake manifold, and heads to the 1200 gaskets, and if you've encountered any problems?

Thank you

I have used many of the Felpro 1200 intake gaskets including a set this morning, and they have all been fine. :)

On engines that are subjected to higher than normal RPM, we will install a baffle/deflector on the bottom of the intake around the PCV opening to minimize oil being drawn into it.

PCV BAFFLE.jpg

Last edited:
I have used many of the Felpro 1400 intake gaskets including a set this morning, and they have all been fine. :)

On engines that are subjected to higher than normal RPM, we will install a baffle/deflector on the bottom of the intake around the PCV opening to minimize oil being drawn into it.

View attachment 243848
You mean the 1200 right? The Felpro 1400 is the exhaust gasket

I have used many of the Felpro 1400 intake gaskets including a set this morning, and they have all been fine. :)

View attachment 243848
I plan on running open breathers with no pcv, so oil shouldn't be a problem. I'm trying to decide if going as big as the 1200's will benefit my build. Stock crank, and rods with JE Pistons, ported heads and intake, 210/215 roller cam, and a 6266 turbo. I have a goal of mid tens.

The stock intake cant be ported through the runners to the plenum with a 1200 without it getting real thin, etc..... it can be port matched tho.
If you want to port through to plenum then the Champ, BGC, etc intake is the one.
But then if you are doing that big then IMO its gonna need to rev pretty high to get the benefits from the big ports vs. a stock size intake gasket port. What is your goals ET, HP, MPH, etc?

I plan on running open breathers with no pcv, so oil shouldn't be a problem. I'm trying to decide if going as big as the 1200's will benefit my build. Stock crank, and rods with JE Pistons, ported heads and intake, 210/215 roller cam, and a 6266 turbo. I have a goal of mid tens.

on my 86 im running the stock style felpro intake pan gasket (96031) as it comes out of the box with untouched runners and intake ,making enough power for 9.7 140mph at 3450lb

on murphsters ttype i installed the same untouched gaskets , he has out of the box 8bolt champion GN1 with champions stock ported intake , hes making similar power but is lighter at 3200# and just went 9.2 144

if you already have ported heads and the 96031 gasket doesnt fit your port , try the cometic intake gaskets

I'm going to stay with the stock style gasket. Thanks for answering. I'll be happy with a 10.6-10.7. I've got a long way to go before I get there though.

Back