You can type here any text you want

felpro intake manifold gasket 1200

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

psycho6cyl

Ponies Are For Lil Girls
I purchased the 1200 gasket from felpro for intake manifold. They dont have the the metal valley pan. It looks like the sbc intake gasket but for v6. Is this a gd gasket to use?

I've always used the valley pan gasket...as it was designed to keep hot oil off the intake...and to keep oil from being drawn up the PCV.

Felpro should have a valley pan gasket. I had two from felpro gasket kits sitting around. Both times I put the GM gasket in, but apparently that is now discontinued.:(

The 1200 is a good gasket to use because of the port size. You can use your old gasket, but just cut the valley pan part and use it with the 1200. {This will keep hot oil off the bottom of the intake, and oil from getting sucked into the PCV. EDIT: Oops, scooby already covered this.}

Or, use this:
Fel Pro MS96033 Fel-Pro Intake Manifold Gaskets

Rockauto.com has these for $20.79

There was..

or still is a valley pan availble for $35.00 or there abouts, to use w/gaskets like the 1200's. Maybe someone who purchased one can chime in or do a search. Sorry I can't tell you where to purchase said item.:redface:

Imo

I've always used the valley pan gasket...as it was designed to keep hot oil off the intake...and to keep oil from being drawn up the PCV.

I can see the PCV part, but not the hot oil. There is an air gap between the intake runners and floor.

Porting

I purchased the 1200 gasket from felpro for intake manifold. They dont have the the metal valley pan. It looks like the sbc intake gasket but for v6. Is this a gd gasket to use?

Unless your intake and heads have been ported to match (open up) the 1200--go with the stock type Felpro.

I can see the PCV part, but not the hot oil. There is an air gap between the intake runners and floor.

Logic would dictate that you want to keep the intake as cool as possible...and lessen the chance of detonation.

Unless your intake and heads have been ported to match (open up) the 1200--go with the stock type Felpro.

X2 on what Lee says. Otherwise IMO the Fel-Pro MS 96033 is the most trouble free intake gasket on the market.

So when port matching the Intake to the heads use the 1200s????
And when leaving it stock use the MS 96033??
thanks

So when port matching the Intake to the heads use the 1200s????
And when leaving it stock use the MS 96033??
thanks

stock heads / intake can be opened up quite a bit just to match the 96033, consider that a "street / strip" match.....

The FelPro 1200 is even larger than that... much larger. Consider that a "max effort" or "race" port. (assuming the appropriate bowl work and such are done to it....)

Here's a pic of 1200's laying on as-cast GN1's.
P7190166.jpg

And the same as-cast GN1's with the felpro stock replacement 96033
P7200166.jpg

stock heads / intake can be opened up quite a bit just to match the 96033, consider that a "street / strip" match.....

The FelPro 1200 is even larger than that... much larger. Consider that a "max effort" or "race" port. (assuming the appropriate bowl work and such are done to it....)

Here's a pic of 1200's laying on as-cast GN1's.

And the same as-cast GN1's with the felpro stock replacement 96033

Great info, with some good reference pics. This should answer a bunch of questions for guys in the future. Thanks for posting that up!

or still is a valley pan availble for $35.00 or there abouts, to use w/gaskets like the 1200's. Maybe someone who purchased one can chime in or do a search. Sorry I can't tell you where to purchase said item.:redface:

You can buy the metal valley pan, to use with the 2-piece 1200 style, from AMP. So far, this setup is working well for me.

Back