Felpro Oil pan gasket

jdhogg1

87 GN hardtop
What is the part number for the Felpro Oil Pan gasket for the 87? I would like a one piece rubber if it exists, otherwise what part# is a good alternative?

I'm also thinking about trying the BBC rear main gasket adaptation to the stock crank idea. Anyone done this a while ago with it still holding up?

I know you said that you want a rubber oil pan gasket, but Kirbans sells a nice thick cork oil pan gasket that works very well if you can't find what your looking for.

JD, I think you want give Cometic oil pan gasket a try. According to my buddy, it's the best one he has used so far, it looks thick and strong and so far his Buick is acting as though it has been potty trained.

Prasad

JD, I think you want give Cometic oil pan gasket a try. According to my buddy, it's the best one he has used so far, it looks thick and strong and so far his Buick is acting as though it has been potty trained.

Prasad

That is good to know! I will keep that in mind next time I need an oil pan gasket!:)

Prasad

Where do you get the cometic oil pan gasket from? :smile:
I know cometic, but any vendors you know of that carry them?

tia

Where do you get the cometic oil pan gasket from? :smile:
I know cometic, but any vendors you know of that carry them?

tia

He told me that he ordered directly from Cometic. I don't think any of the Buick vendors do, maybe Cottons?? If I am not mistaken, it was around $25-29.

HTH
Prasad

Just FYI I tried the felpro gasket and had a hard time getting it not to leak. :frown: Switch to cork gasket from Kirbans and no more leaks.:)

oil pan gasket

Dont even waste your time with rubber felpro. I installed one on my car just to freshen the motor up now i"m doing it over and i plan on using a cosmetic cork gasket this time. Wish i had it the first time the oil runs out the bottom of the block like there's no gasket installed.:mad:

Thanks for the Cometic idea Prasad, I knew I should've just called you first.

I just tried to order it off of Cometic's site, what a pain in the a--. I'll have to call in the morning.

Dont even waste your time with rubber felpro. I installed one on my car just to freshen the motor up now i"m doing it over and i plan on using a cosmetic cork gasket this time. Wish i had it the first time the oil runs out the bottom of the block like there's no gasket installed.:mad:

+1 I did everything by the instructions, even bought a inch/pound torque wrench, held for about 1 month then the one corner ripped and now it leaks. That is the last rubber gasket I waste my money on.

Chuck

Try RJC cork gasket with "The right stuff".
Fast shipping, excellent service, AND, a site sponsor. :cool: